Moonraker 36 Moulds for sale.

jfm

Visit site

Lesdyxic

Visit site
Modest....moi?

Modest.....ahhhhh.....you're only sayin' that 'cos it's true...

And yes, they're still there. I think they sell as much GRP for garage rooves as for boats now....

That reminds me, garage roof needs looking at...

jfm

Visit site
Oh WOW...............

How the world has changed, take a look at helm noise levels! Particulary Laguna and Moonraker......

And fuel prices. See penultimate paragraph: they did Solent-Cherbourg-Solent in a Fairy Fantome for £11.70 in diesel. 10p a gallon, 2p a litre. I coould fill right up for a hundred and fifty quid!

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
And I've still got a Laguna with the original engines...

Shoot006.jpg

sharfleet2.jpg

Allan

Visit site
Bit like taking on the mould for an A35 van, or a morris marina. Maybe ok for it's time. But oh dear.
I agree with the Morris Marina but not the A35 van. That was a great a great little motor that could work well with a Mini/Beetle type of revamp. I know of three very discerning people who owned A35 vans, Frank Williams, James Hunt and me.
Allan

oldgit

Visit site
A far more successful boat than was given credit for.
The following sea complaint was always hard to confirm as actual owners never seemed to have the problem and critics were only repeating hearsay and never actually owned a Moonraker 36 .

Lesdyxic

Visit site
close...but no cigar.....

looks like the raker moulds are up for sale again...
http://www.boatshop24.co.uk/advert/moonraker-36-brundall-norfolk/42053842

wonder if he ever did make his dream boat..

I never did, I'm afraid. Long story, much ill health, (now and only recently past), many distractions (Son competed at London 2012 Olympics) so I ended up 'giving' the tools back to Bell's last year, who were kind enough to forgive me the more recent storage costs as a result.

However, I retained the remains of my stable. I own the tooling for what was the Sea Ranger Atlantic 43 and 50, as well as a couple of others. Have a 9M rib nearing completion. Looking to build a '43 in the coming year to go to London Show next Jan.

So, in summary, not quite a complete dreamer....just didn't work out with the Moonraker....

Nautorius

Visit site
Well done for living the dream and keeping it alive. Good call on the Moulds if you have the Sea Ranger moulds....better boat IMHO. Hopefully Rib will turn out great and lead to the 43 next year.....

Last edited:

Lesdyxic

Visit site
Cheers Kwaka,

You're only up the road from me, I should come down to get the cobwebs blown from my brain on Menai....where my Great Uncle used to row...