MOB recovery practice weekend

flipper

Visit site
I'll volunteer to be a MOB. Got a wet suit etc and Bernie's got some traditional lifejackets with built in bouyancy so we could avoid having to re-arm inflatable ones. (cept for yours Roger, sorry about that /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Patrick

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'll volunteer to be a MOB. Got a wet suit etc and Bernie's got some traditional lifejackets with built in bouyancy so we could avoid having to re-arm inflatable ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
Think I could be tempted to try it (if it is a nice day) just to see what the inflation is like. Can imagine if you have just been thrown into the water then get a sudden WOOSH whilst all around you it is mayhem, could cause the need to change undergarments.

Did jump off the flight deck of a Frigate in a 'once only suit' and old fashioned lifejacket & no it was not the capok type. The rush of air out through the neck of the suit on impact was something. The Navigating Officer was a tiny chap and the suit was a one size fits nobody - on impact the suit inverted him. We had a giggle /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif once we had him up the right way! Service humour has its moments.

Athene V30

Visit site
I think the 23 / 24 August is Burnham week and the 'racy' types will be doing gung ho things there!

Is the 30 / 31 Aug a possibility? Are the Summer Cruises over by then? It is springs so bit of a strong current at Marconi unless do man in the water bits at turn of tide? Sat HW 1210 / Sun 1254 so fairly reasonable for those coming from Orwell?

emnick

Visit site
Great Idea! I would also put my hand up (I have a dry suit if needed) PS are you on D17 I think I may have taken your lines the other day! Hope to get back tomorrow I will keep an eye on her if so

Athene V30

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am on A33 at Bradwell but temporarily lurking on D20 at Titchmarsh awaiting favourable winds for a run home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger, the marina have been trying to call you. With the winds we have been having your boat has taken out D19 & D18 and is now lying on D17 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif