MG Spring 25 Help please

cookjwm

Visit site
Seeking a little help and kindness! Son and son in law are interested in one of the aforesaid but would like to take a look at one locally to help them decide whether its for them before travelling miles to look at "for sale" vessels.

Can anyone help with a look round one?

Thanks!

FulmarJeddo

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England
Visit site
Can't help with viewing, but I had one for a couple of years. It was very fast down wind, but not so good upwind. I suspect my main sail was a little baggy and it would have benefited from a new sail. Being designed as a racer, the Spring carries quite a lot of sail and when the wind picks up it needs reefing quite early or a heavy crew dangling their feet over the side. Accommodation is good for a 25 footer with its aft cabin and reasonable size saloon. The vee berth would suit children, but a bit small for adults. I had a lot of fun with my boat, but a change of circumstance allowed me move up to a bigger boat sooner than I expected. The main problem I had was that I kept it on a drying soft mud mooring. The wing keel rarely settled level and dried at some alarming angles and suffered with rain water overflowing the cockpit locker lid and ending up in the bilges, so was always damp. When I bought it, it was on a marina berth and bone dry.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
There is an MG Spring 25 at either Rochford or Paglesham. I'm not sure as I don't know if the owner ha taken it out of the water yet. If it is in the water it is at Paglesham if it is out of the water it is at Rochford at Suttons Wharf. I could find out and contact the owner for you if you like. The boat itself has been on the East Coast for a number of years, previously being kept at Brandy Hole.

cueball

Visit site
I have an MG 335, and love her, quick and fun to sail not for the inexperienced though. Still in the water for 10 days if you want to have a look?

Laurie

Visit site
Seeking a little help and kindness! Son and son in law are interested in one of the aforesaid but would like to take a look at one locally to help them decide whether its for them before travelling miles to look at "for sale" vessels.

Can anyone help with a look round one?

Did anyone get my emails?

Thanks!