MF 895 leak

Cathy*

Visit site
Our 895 has developed a leak from somewhere beneath the galley tap. It looks as though the sink has to come out to access the plumbing. There doesn't appear to be any fixings around the sink so presumably it's siliconed in. Before we start trying to remove it has anyone else had this problem?

simonfraser

Visit site
some pic from under the sink may help

in my MF 695 there is a water connection under the sink into the tap, that may have come loose ?

Cathy*

Visit site
some pic from under the sink may help

in my MF 695 there is a water connection under the sink into the tap, that may have come loose ?
After taking the drawer out which is under the sink I can just get my hand around a corner through a space and under the tap to feel there is a drip. There isn't room for my phone to take a photo

Owl @ 6s and 7s

Visit site
On our boat which has this Osculati tap I would first check the below connections in the back. The plastic connections to the brass threads on ours are within reach for some water pump pliers... Any chance yours is similar?

Attachments

• 20240324145850969_0.jpg
    20240324145850969_0.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240324145855571_0.jpg
    20240324145855571_0.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240324145744297_0.jpg
    20240324145744297_0.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240324145815833_0.jpg
    20240324145815833_0.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 10

Cathy*

Visit site
It is an Osculati tap but we can't get at the pipework. There is a shallow drawer under the sink which we've taken out and I can just get my arm through and my flat hand around the back through a hole in the cupboard. I can feel a drip but there isn't room to get any tools in.

Owl @ 6s and 7s

Visit site
On our boat an endoscope camera has proven particularly useful on two occasions. I have used it to locate our (new) boat's battery charger behind a wooden plate where there should've been an inspection hatch. And last year I used it to help our dealer troubleshoot a partial blackout we experienced while on passage. Inside the cabin wall there was a 23-wire connector which had become disconnected.

One of those could help you in finding the drip spot. Then again, the sink may still need to remove if there is no room for tools...

Cathy*

Visit site
We used to have one on permanent loan from our son but earlier this year he needed it back 🙄. I'm sure the only way will be to take the sink out and hope we don't damage either the sink or the surrounding surface. I have contacted the broker who supplied the boat in summer 2021 to see if this could be a warranty job but they can't look at it until May.

Bouba

Visit site
Can Cathy provide some more photos of the whole area....sometimes on boats there are secret ways to access things that aren’t obvious at first inspection......inside cupboards etc

Cathy*

Visit site
jeanneau-merry-fisher-895-argola-charter-rent-a-boat-motorboat-boat-charter-trogir-split-30.jpgBehind the top plinth is the sink, sink waste pipe and gubbins for the gas hob. Below that is the drawer which we have taken out. That is just deep enough for my arm but my husband couldn't get his arm to the back. Between the sink and the hob there is a panel with a square cut out which I can just get my hand through. Behind the sink is all the plumbing for the taps.

Plum

Visit site
View attachment 174557Behind the top plinth is the sink, sink waste pipe and gubbins for the gas hob. Below that is the drawer which we have taken out. That is just deep enough for my arm but my husband couldn't get his arm to the back. Between the sink and the hob there is a panel with a square cut out which I can just get my hand through. Behind the sink is all the plumbing for the taps.
It is probable that whole unit (minus the seat and fridge) was completely built together with the sink, plumbing, hob, etc. outside the boat so rather than risking damage trying to remove the sink I would look for the screws that hold the whole lot, slide it out and gain access from the rear.

simonfraser

Visit site
It is probable that whole unit (minus the seat and fridge) was completely built together with the sink, plumbing, hob, etc. outside the boat so rather than risking damage trying to remove the sink I would look for the screws that hold the whole lot, slide it out and gain access from the rear.
doubt one can 'just' pull the unit forward, to the right is a perspex door, that is v likely where the main electric on/off switches are

the sink may be siliconed / sikkaflexed down, is there enough slack in the supply to the tap to lift it up anyway ?
or will the supply need to be cut to lift it high enough to fix the leak ?

cut a bigger access hole into whatever is below the sink preventing access ?
for a similar access problem i constructed a platform under a sink to gain access lying down facing upwards
that would be my main way to access, any damage you do there is virtually invisible

Cathy*

Visit site
doubt one can 'just' pull the unit forward, to the right is a perspex door, that is v likely where the main electric on/off switches are

the sink may be siliconed / sikkaflexed down, is there enough slack in the supply to the tap to lift it up anyway ?
or will the supply need to be cut to lift it high enough to fix the leak ?

cut a bigger access hole into whatever is below the sink preventing access ?
for a similar access problem i constructed a platform under a sink to gain access lying down facing upwards
that would be my main way to access, any damage you do there is virtually invisible
We had someone out today who, after weighing up all the options agreed the sink has to come out. By feel he thinks the leak is from the jubilee clips on the hot pipe (which is furthest away naturally) The sink does look to be sikaflexed in, a very thin layer is visible. We're considering 2 options to try to make access easier but if the sink does have to come out we'll try a cheesewire first. It isn't boating weather anyway so what else is there to do?

Plum

Visit site
We had someone out today who, after weighing up all the options agreed the sink has to come out. By feel he thinks the leak is from the jubilee clips on the hot pipe (which is furthest away naturally) The sink does look to be sikaflexed in, a very thin layer is visible. We're considering 2 options to try to make access easier but if the sink does have to come out we'll try a cheesewire first. It isn't boating weather anyway so what else is there to do?
Just a thought. Looking at your photo with the red hose, the hose appears to be connected to the white hose tail which in turn is a pushfit into a tap connector something like this one below. Note the grey release collar in your photo. If I am right you should be able to push that collar up towards the tap and then pull out the hose tail complete with the hose to gain access to tighten the hose clips then just push in again. This could avoid removing the sink.
Screenshot_20240328-154928.png