Merry Fisher 805 wanted

gordhouse

Visit site
Hi with your help I have finally narrowed my next boat down to a Merry Fisher 805 around 04 it seems to fit most of our needs.Unless someone suggests something similar and confuses me more.
Any further info on survey types and costs and purchasing proceedure things to look out for will probably be in my next post.
So if anyone out there knows of a good 805 going at a sensible price I am now seriously looking.
Thanks again to all who have offered advice in recent posts to help me get this far.
Regards
Gordon

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
I have a 2003 805, but it's not for sale. IMO, in it's class, it can't be beaten, certainly not for the money.

I don't know of any problems to look for, other than the usual things. I'd suggest a survey.

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, ask away, i know my way around it fairly well.

Firefly625

Visit site
There are probably loads of them for sale In France. And probably cheaper too.

when I was looking there weren't... but then that was a couple of years ago... but the MF805 does seem to hold its value well..

I did also consider an Antares 760...

antares-760-new-3.jpg

Then bought a Hardy..

Visit site
Happy to help with any advice I can give on the boat, warts and all.
I sold them for many years and the board at Jeanneau nicknamed me Mr Merry Fisher...
...not sure that's a good thing, but ho hum!

Got none right now, but do sell several a year. The 760 Beneteau is worth considering too.

There will be lots available by scanning the internet, but the French and mainlan Europe ones will be some 5% to 10% dearer, more if the exchange rate goes wobbly again. If you wanted a cheap European one then you needed to buy it 4 years ago.

PM any questions or ask any specifics and I'll be happy to help.
Based in Poole too so pop in if you wish to have a chat, Parkstone Bay Marina.

Tom

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
Hi with your help I have finally narrowed my next boat down to a Merry Fisher 805 around 04 it seems to fit most of our needs.Unless someone suggests something similar and confuses me more.

We thought of a MF805 but decided on a Beneteau 9 series instead for the extra space. It's not for sale, but of course, if you made me an offer I can't refuse.....................;)

gordhouse

Visit site
I have looked at the Beneteau but the 805 has the benefit of the reverse crewe seat and the sundeck. Not sure if the Beneteau has any advantages over the 805.

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
I have looked at the Beneteau but the 805 has the benefit of the reverse crewe seat and the sundeck. Not sure if the Beneteau has any advantages over the 805.

That'll be the 760 you've looked at. The 9 series has wrap round seating and a flybridge together with a proper bed rather than a vee berth. The heads is bigger too and there's more storage.

Ripster

Visit site
That'll be the 760 you've looked at. The 9 series has wrap round seating and a flybridge together with a proper bed rather than a vee berth. The heads is bigger too and there's more storage.

Is the Bene 9 series not nearer to the 925 or new 10 merryfisher? Or the Rodman 8 or 900s.

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Is the Bene 9 series not nearer to the 925 or new 10 merryfisher? Or the Rodman 8 or 900s.

Doesn't really compete with the MF925. It's closer to the MF805, just a tiny, tiny bit bigger.

When considering our current boat, we also looked at the Series 9 and the 760.

The series 9 is a lovely boat, but a lot more money than the 805. I thought the 805 was better value.

We also looked at the Antares 760. Another nice boat and we did consider it for a while. We did think it looked a bit dated compared to the 805 though. The final decision to cross the 760 off of the list was because of the comparatively cramped cabin. It seemed a lot narrower inside, when looking around one on Swansea, we were having to squeeze by each other. The 760 also seems to cost more money that an 805 of the same year/spec.

CFST

Visit site
I have money 65000 euro. I'm looking for a new or second hand boat 7-9mt. My aim is to amateur fishing and 1-2 days to make a short weekend trips.
I found myself close to the following models. Waiting for your expertise and opinions.

Merry Fisher 8 (200hp nanni) "new"
Merry Fisher 925 (yanmar 260 hp) "secondhand"
Beneteau Antares 8 (200hp nanni) "new"
Beneteau Antares 9 series (225 hp and 260 Hp volvopenta) "secondhand"
Quicksilver 750 weekend "secondhand"
Quicksilver 700 weekend (mercurieser 150 Hp diesel) "new"
Quicksilver 640 weekend (mercurieser 130 hp diesel) "new"

Thank you in advance to respond

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
I have money 65000 euro. I'm looking for a new or second hand boat 7-9mt. My aim is to amateur fishing and 1-2 days to make a short weekend trips.
I found myself close to the following models. Waiting for your expertise and opinions.

Merry Fisher 8 (200hp nanni) "new"
Merry Fisher 925 (yanmar 260 hp) "secondhand"
Beneteau Antares 8 (200hp nanni) "new"
Beneteau Antares 9 series (225 hp and 260 Hp volvopenta) "secondhand"
Quicksilver 750 weekend "secondhand"
Quicksilver 700 weekend (mercurieser 150 Hp diesel) "new"
Quicksilver 640 weekend (mercurieser 130 hp diesel) "new"

Thank you in advance to respond

Personally I wouldn't touch any of the Quicksilvers. The Bennys and the MFs are fine, matter of personal preference really. In order of preference I'd go
MF 925
Benny 9 series
Benny 8
MF 8
All IMHO of course.

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Personally I wouldn't touch any of the Quicksilvers. The Bennys and the MFs are fine, matter of personal preference really. In order of preference I'd go
MF 925
Benny 9 series
Benny 8
MF 8
All IMHO of course.

I agree with that. Quicksilvers are not a bad boat, the smaller models are good value, but the weekenders are (IMO) vastly overpriced.

Budget and running costs notwithstanding, i also agree with your ordering of the others.

If any of those are available in Turkey for €65k, they are extremely cheap compared to UK prices.

Jim@sea

Visit site
There will be lots available by scanning the internet, but the French and mainland Europe ones will be some 5% to 10% dearer, more if the exchange rate goes wobbly again.

Tom

I appreciate what you say but 2 years ago I went into a few Boat Dealers in Brittany with a view to putting my boat up for sale on Brokerage and one actually said that that "Nothing is selling" I dont imagine that much has changed since then. There are some very good French Boat Internet sites (Announces ?)
You could also do one of my old Motor Trade tricks. You put an advert in a Boat Magazine " Wanted Merry Fisher 805" Private Buyer, Good Price Paid. And see what happens. There may be someone out their who was thinking of selling and selling privately saves on brokerage fees.

Last edited:

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
Just looked at a few 9 series interesting , starting to waver !

Always the same, you've just decided what you want and some rotter chuck a spanner in the works.:)

Have a look at one, it can't do any harm can it? They're a very good sea boat for their size, although I wouldn't use the flybridge if it's a bit lumpy. Personally I wouldn't touch the twin engined version though.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions.

Last edited:

gordhouse

Visit site
Always the same, you've just decided what you want and some rotter chuck a spanner in the works.:)

Have a look at one, it can't do any harm can it? They're a very good sea boat for their size, although I wouldn't use the flybridge if it's a bit lumpy. Personally I wouldn't touch the twin engined version though.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions.

Yes I was thinking of single engine no flybridge (Poole Bridge). Limits my options though.
Just noticed you are staffs Moorlands not far from me in Stone Staffs.

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
Yes I was thinking of single engine no flybridge (Poole Bridge). Limits my options though.
Just noticed you are staffs Moorlands not far from me in Stone Staffs.

Fair enough, you're not likely to use the flybridge much. They do help resale though
Yes, very close, but my boats in North Wales, you're welcome to a nosey round it if you're ever down that way.