Mercury sailpower

Sal27

Visit site
Hi I have a Mercury sailpower new this year still under warranty . Use it on my small yacht as main motor . It is locked in place as I use a tiller to steer . However 2 months in the lock mechanism which I have no idea what it is called , made up of a plastic tightening wing nut which fits into a metal thread and goes into an internal thread to lock the engine into one position . Getting back from one outing I noticed they had both fallen out. My supplier who has turned out to be useless and unreliable only gave my the plastic turning wing nut part ( please tell me what it’s name is) and not the thread . So all yea we have sailed with brand new motor tied into place with scruffy but of line.
Would love to know the names of these parts and where to order from UK . Thanks

Refueler

Visit site
I had Merc SP and various other outboards over many years and still have ... not one has been secure just on the locking wing nut ... all have had to have a bit of rope tied to keep straight .. in fact I used to offset slightly as the motor was usually to one side of boat ..

VicS

Visit site
Hi I have a Mercury sailpower new this year still under warranty . Use it on my small yacht as main motor . It is locked in place as I use a tiller to steer . However 2 months in the lock mechanism which I have no idea what it is called , made up of a plastic tightening wing nut which fits into a metal thread and goes into an internal thread to lock the engine into one position . Getting back from one outing I noticed they had both fallen out. My supplier who has turned out to be useless and unreliable only gave my the plastic turning wing nut part ( please tell me what it’s name is) and not the thread . So all yea we have sailed with brand new motor tied into place with scruffy but of line.
Would love to know the names of these parts and where to order from UK . Thanks
You don't give enough information to identify your engine but if you go to Parts Catalog | Mercury Marine you will be able to find parts lists and diagrams for your engine using the HP and serial number range. You will find the description and parts numbers for the parts you you require on the " clamp brackets" diagram.

Find a Mercury Marine Dealer Location | Mercury Marine | Mercury Marine will find a dealer near you chosen location