Medical book and first aid kit

Sniper

Visit site
I notice none of the lists suggest something for constipation. Severe impaction could really put a downer on your experience. Isphagula husk or macrogol could be quite useful to carry.

Stork_III

Visit site
The link does not point to a downloadable pdf copy of the 23rd edition SCMG. It points to a 3-page pdf with a section on where to buy a copy.

3. How to obtain copies

3.1. The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide 23rd Edition (ISBN number 9780115534614) is published by TSO on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA). Copies may be obtained from TSO, the MCA’s official publisher, via their website. Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)

3.2. An e-book is in preparation and is expected to be available for purchase in October 2019. 3.3. Due to intellectual property included in the 23rd edition. the SCMG will no longer be freely available from www.gov.uk .The content may not be reproduced without the permission of TSO.

The link in the post you quoted is a PDF. This one

https://assets.publishing.service.g...le/839678/MIN_600__M_F__SCMG_23rd_edition.pdf

HappyAfloat

www.happyafloat.com

prv

Visit site
Has anyone else got this link to work?

The link is working. It points to a three-page document saying that the 23rd edition isn't available as a free download and telling you where to buy it. Where you follow the link from won't make any difference to what you find there.

As for why people keep posting it as if it pointed to the full text of the 23rd edition, after the situation has been explained several times in this thread, I can only presume they're stupid or suffer from poor reading comprehension.

Pete

mullet

Visit site
I haven’t checked all the names of drugs that others listed (which mostly don’t mean much to me...), but I’d probably want a burns kit. Dressings, creams etc. One of the more common long cruise minor injuries?