Med marina costs

G

I am considering moving my boat (35ft) to the med and wonder if anyone knows where I can find a marina which does not charge Superyacht prices! for the same reason it needs to be a near an Easyjet or similar served airport.
Any ideas?

G

I too would be interested for myself, I have 38ft Princess, the latest bill from my marina has just gone up nearly 10% from last year so the med looms if I don;t sell her before end of April, talking to the previous owner of my boat he has nice villa 5 mins from Alicante airport and he once thought about taking her there if he did not manage to sell her to me 2 years ago, the price then was just a touch under 3K for 40ft so I cannot see me paying anymore than that unless you are talking about Majorca where I don;t think there are many berths available anyway.
The marinas around the costadel sol are quite cheap near Fuengerola and Benalmadena only 15 mins from Malaga airport as well, still got to remember the cost of getting the boat there though about another 3K I think, been to that area to do worki t's very nice too.

Paul js.

G

Easy Jet fly to Nice 2 or 3 times a day. Why not check-out La Napoule, which is just to the West of Cannes and about a 30 minute ride in a taxi from Nice Airport. You can also catch a bus or a train if you prefer. I haven't been there for a few years now, to be truthful, but prices were then considerably less than Marina's in the Solent area. Marina's in Greece and Turkey are also quite reasonably priced, but have the disadvantage of being hard to reach out of season, when the air charter companies stop their flights.

Have Fun, Peter.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Come on Tim, you know the Sun's no good for your complexion, they dont speak West Midlands down there and you'll hate the food.

tcm

Visit site
35 footer sounds like a size 3bis, which might be 5 grand a year. But la napoule not easy to get into. PM me if you need a contact.

Incidentally, superyacht berths are cheaper (pro rata) than a 35footer. Approx £1 per foot per night, whereas on any other measure, shouldn't the superyacht pay more?

Other threads that may be of interest