May Day Meeting

CliveG

Visit site
May I propose a get together / beach BBQ on the Deben?

On Sunday 6th May up river from Ramsholt on the southern shore in a reach called The Rocks.
I understand from Sailorman that this is a sandy beach.

We could always adjourn later to the Ramsholt Arms for further sustenance.

Tides for Saturday and Sunday at the river entrance are:
07:32 0.7m
13:58 3.2m
19:51 0.6m
02:02 3.1m
08:07 0.8m
14:32 3.1m
20:29 0.6m
All times BST.

Would be a good time for an Ostende trip planning meeting.

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Is this really a sandy beach?

would i be safe sitting at anchor overnight?
Need a couple of metres to ensure no grounding.

I dont possess a tender so any jollies off to the Ramsholt and ashore would require a lift.

FullCircle

Visit site
Blimey thats flash Doug, having a lift fitted to your boat! Is that to take you from the Bridgedeck down to the Transom Platform? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mind you, as you now draw 2m apparently, I suppose you have swapped Still Dunno for a Leander class Frigate?

MrCramp

Visit site
Yes you would be fine anchoring there. It is one of the best anchorages on the Deben. If you had an eight foot draft you would still be OK. Strikes me that you'll have to be especially nice to your friends if you want to go ashore!

jezjez

Visit site
getting over the deben bar is more of a problem for your 8-foot draught - ckheck the eastcoastrivers.com website re entrance.
The Rocks are named for the hard grounding on the beach side (not especially rocky - more mini-me rocks) but all else is glorious mud. Any fear of touching move to the opposite bank. If it's blowing hard the beach under the trees is usually calmest but it's never a hard place to be.

D3B

I was thinking of the size of wellies you might need to play international rescue to the rescue craft /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2M cos i dont want to get any damage to the very expensive stainless steel that hangs underneath the transom /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

as for the lift.....I will show you Dougs patented method of descending to the cabin from the cockpit when you come on board. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Might you be attending this jollie in May? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
We are unsure at the mo, due to the extensive preparations for the East Coasts' premier social event (Hello! are booked) in June.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
we're in.....

Gather we may have visitors of the T25 variety using one of our berths.....

They'll need to start thinking about what compensation they'll be offering C, as she'll now need to share a berth with M, her younger brother..... a major sacrifice... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D3B

That will of course be dependant on the weather and it may be possible for them to be accomodated elsewhere.
its just a bit cosy on a 30' mobo with few berths

which days are planned for arrival and departure?
sat - sun
or sun - mon

Phoenix of Hamble

Not got that far yet Doug.....

Definitely a Monday departure, so probably a Sun arrival, but still might go for Sat arrival..... TBA

Berths wise, plenty of space for Mr and Mrs T25, who have been advised as such..... so no problem there if needed.... just keep me advised!

Phoenix of Hamble

well our two will be there..... aged 8 (boy) and 11 (girl)....

They are planning a full on assault on the mud bank alongside the rocks as we speak...... i'm working out how to fix the transom shower at the same time....

I would imagine Guapa will be bringing his kids along as well..... similar ages/slightly older...

sailorman

Visit site
J.B will hope to be there assuming we get re-launched nxt week /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
childern not comming /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Many thanks from both self and Louise as we are both looking forward to the trip , Neil , I'm sure they won't mind shifting along as long as I don't nick ice creams , and a suitable bottle ( or two ) will be stashed in newly purchased tote bags , hopefully it'll work out well but I have a meeting with a representative of Plastimo that I'd be a fool to miss , so shall advise all by PM phone or e mail , as appropriate