Mast transport

Daydream believer

Visit site
Try driving in country areas of West Oz. A road train can be well over 100 metres long. ie tractor with semi trailer and an additional 3 or even 4 trailers behind. 21 axles or more. Yes difficult to overtake especially when they are traveling at 100kmph. ie you don't overtake them. ol'will
Here in the Uk, we here about these mythical beasts, but do they really exist anywhere other than on rails. A 100m long road train does sound like an exageration. Then doing 100Km/ph . How do they get out of cities to begin with? Just interested :unsure:

coopec

N/A
Visit site
Here in the Uk, we here about these mythical beasts, but do they really exist anywhere other than on rails. A 100m long road train does sound like an exageration. Then doing 100Km/ph . How do they get out of cities to begin with? Just interested :unsure:

They certainly do exist!

At night our worst fear on outback roads is hitting a kangaroo (which would stop you in your tracks) I could see a road train out in front so I sped up and sat right on his tail for a couple of hundred kilometers. (I felt pretty safe with three trailers and the prime mover in front of me) :D

The World's Longest Truck - Road Train in Australia

Last edited:

coopec

N/A
Visit site

They can operate quite well as a lot of outback roads are straight.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 17-15-47 nullabor longest stretch of road without a bend - Google Sea...png