Masking Tape

John_N

Visit site
Any suggestions for the easy removal of masking tape which has been left on varnished interior woodwork for a couple of weeks? Unfortunately I was unable to return to the boat the next day to peel it off and it's a real pig to remove now.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

application of heat will allow you topeel away ..... suggest a Hair Dryer ... enough to warm the glue and siften it, but not enough to affect the paint / varnish.
Other way is an Iron ...... careful use of course ..... problem comes when its outside you need to do it ......

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ... and of course Yahoo groups :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gps-navigator/

AlexL

Visit site
try acetone, and having made this cock up myself do what I did and go to B&Q and buy a stock of 7day and 28 day masking tape, the cheap stuff is only 24hour.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Benbow

Visit site
Is that the expensive blue stuff ? I just a roll today and is WAY nicer to work with than the traditional stuff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

SpottedBlue

Visit site
Toluene, Xylene and Acetone may well also dissolve your varnish

I seem to remember white spirit got rid of masking tape residue and that would be safe on varnish

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day John,

A little bit of eucalyptus Oil on a rag will remove the glue and not damage the varnish, it's not cheap but it goes a long way.

Avagoodweekend.......

Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.