Marital Break Up's due to boating

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Marital Break Up\'s due to boating

What went wrong.We should have turned left.This would have involved phut phut dawdle dawdle for and hour or two in the warm sunshine protected from the wind.
We could have looked at stuff ie. Castle n Cathedral and posh new waterfront houses all in millpond flat no wash from tugs n gin palaces ..
Stuff that ladies with small sprogs like./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
So what did we do ...Yeah go right of course and do all the stuff blokes like.
Whizz Whizz Freeze freeze Bang Bang crash..Cor dunnit go Bash Crash Leap in air etc etc./forums/images/icons/frown.gif
My SWMBO just hates all the wobbbly stuff so when she goes its always poodle poodle. If the wine flute will not stay upright on the table its too rough.
Go for a spin on your own and frighten yerself to death a couple of times.
Then start agin,you need a nice warm day and a bit of female company for your missus would be a good start.
Ps /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: Get them involved

I think the problem I have is that SWMBO has done her RYA level 2 and thinks she can drive it better than me. She is expecting ME to stand by with fenders and lines in the lock, then keep the baby quiet while she blasts around. I have been told that I must have the boat spick and span by Saturday with all the safety stuff properly stowed (I need a sea trailer I think). Having spoken to her this evening she is now over the bad weekend same as me and looking forward to getting on and off the boat in a civilised way via the marina pontoon!

I have got the pot noodles on board, the whistling kettle is great as I tested one. I cleened the bilge, just have to get the RainX on the windscreen and finish the polishing.

Things can only get better.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

DepSol

Visit site

I think the problem you have is looking at the more comlicated stuff that you wont get round to for a while and totally missing the basics like how and where to launch.

As with all of us you are now learning faster by doing it. Carry on and above all else have fun.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

Renegade_Master

Visit site

wheres yer piccie ggone Happy? God luck this weekend I'll be far away from boats on the road to Spain. But when I get there, its of to Gib to fuel up (19p litre)/forums/images/icons/smile.gif buy some duty frees etc cant wait. As everybody says all relax a bit and your lovely lady will start to enjoy it Best of luck. Clive

P.S. give rid of some of that stuff in the cuddy mate, dont need that evil looking knife for a start

P.P.S. we need to talk/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

I don't know where the piccie has gone Clive, the web site it was on does not respond, any ideas?

I have cleared out the cabin a bit now, I just needed to get everything sorted out.

Cheers,

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

kingfisher

Visit site

Ask lock keepers in the Netherlands. They've seen plenty of marriages go bust inside their locks.

I've been in locks and in berths, when it went wrong on other boats. And sometimes I tell myself that, if my husband would be yelling at me like that, I'd leave him instantly.

Hubbie on the flybridge, wife on foredeck with warp. Hubbie screws up approach, boat runs out of speed on metre from wall/bollard, and is being blowed sideways. Then the skipper starts yelling at his wife. Here's where he expects his 58kg weighing wife to straigten out his 6-ton boat.

I once saw a verbaly abused missus actualy step off the boat, taking the warp (unattached) with her, leaving the now speachless boater hellplessly adrift in the lock. By the time the guy was through the lock, he had to go round, to find his wife. She simply was gone:at the top of the lock is a bus station. As a bus pulled over, the lady simply got on the bus (probably wasn't going anywhere specific).

Solution: she drives (feminine, gentle touch needed, with eye for accuracy), male power handles warps and provides brute force

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

hlb

RIP
Visit site

........"Solution: she drives (feminine, gentle touch needed, with eye for accuracy), male power handles warps and provides brute force"................................................................................................You been reading fairy tales!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

tcm

Visit site
where\'s that divorce lawyer?

he posted useful on scuttlebutt. He said that it was quite common for peeps to split up not after 6 months, but after 25 years when the one common interest you had (the kids) clear off and live somewhere else.

So, having a boat IF you both like boating could be very good indeed for happy marriages. If one makes it that far. Spect it depends on the right boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Steve_D

Visit site

Well your launch epic does appear to have got rid of 1 or 2 lifetimes of events in one go! so it should be plain sailing from now on in.

BTW
your sig

"You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know"

how does anyone learn anything? surely if that were the case we'd still be living in caves, generally we 'know' things by someone teaching us but somebody must have worked it out in the first place.

Not a gripe you understand, the thought just popped into my head while I was reading one of your posts. Have a good weekend, if this high sticks around it should be a good one.

Regards

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com

Agree, also comes with a few frustrations, but overall it has been great for our family, especially teenage beauty!

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: kids fighting

I used a similar tactic, except, in fun, getting their heads and gently knocking them together, seems the stupidity of it got the message through to them!

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Get them

Oh yes that machete you keep aboard,planning to go up the Amazon are we.
Still on second thoughts if you go round to the Thames you will need it to keep away the footpads and cutpurses that infest the upper reaches./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Believe around Henley to be the worst spot.

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

phanakapan

Visit site

My partner and I take turns to be skipper- we have the same experience, have done the same courses etc. I couldnt stand it if I was relegated to cooking, childminding, handling the odd rope. I do get seasick more easily than him- but oddly enough not when I'm in charge. Be honest about your individual strengths and weaknesses, sort problems out at the time without blame and shouting, and have a positive post-mortem afterwards.Ugh- I sound holier than thou- just go and have fun!!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>