marinique 36 vs san remo 35 (sunseeker)

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
Evening gents

can anyone tell me what is the difference of a sunseeker martinique 36 and the sunseeker san remo 35 ,other than the remo has kad 42s in them as to the 41s in the martinique. The layout downstairs seems very similar but the deck has some slight changes, is that the only difference being in the deck or is there more to this. I know the martinique is slightly longer please advice :confused:

cheers

Danny

RogerRat

Visit site
Evening gents

can anyone tell me what is the difference of a sunseeker martinique 36 and the sunseeker san remo 35 ,other than the remo has kad 42s in them as to the 41s in the martinique. The layout downstairs seems very similar but the deck has some slight changes, is that the only difference being in the deck or is there more to this. I know the martinique is slightly longer please advice :confused:

cheers

Danny

Hi, I think you'll find there are two major differences.
The Martinique will have AD41s' 200 HP pushing Volvo duo props with alloy props. Slow over the hump and quite smokey at this point as there are no Superchargers. But very good, well proven, nice looking boat with good following.

The San Remo is a shaft driven boat and the Kad 42s' are not known to be as reliable as the later Kad 43s' where basic problems were sorted.

I'm no expert here and don't profess to be one but someone VolvoPaul will be able to tell you what the weak spots were. You may find that working via shafts the issues were less common. :encouragement:

Both nice looking boats with a good rep. hull.

RR

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
cheers roger

so the kad 42s are a quicker engine but less reliable than the ad41s and shaft driven boats are less maintenance than the props would maybe make the remo a better buy ?

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I have never seen a San remo with kad 42 in on shafts , unless its on drives. The San remo had an aft cabin, the ones I'm referring to had the big sabre 330s on shafts.

rlw

Visit site
Yup San Remo 35 is on drives as well. Nice boat. I used to have a M38. The 36 is the same hull but no integrated bathing platform where as the SR 35 does have an integrated bathing platform? I think you will find the SR35 am more modern boat where as the 36 is a little more dated. Both good hull. SR Although I love my Targe 40 I think the M38's hull was al least as good in a chop.

Rob

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
Yeah i agree with you the rear of the sr is nicer with the intergrated platform but does lack the nicer round seating which is on the m36 (so are all sr on drives or can you get them with shafts?) and am i right in thinking that the kad42 are still a good reliable engine if they are looked after

dan

rlw

Visit site
The seating area on the M38/36 is indeed great. SR 35 are definately on shafts. From memory the sunseeker travado was a shaft driven boat of the same era.
San remo 33 was also drives and the predecessor of the SR 35 I think. AD41's were pretty bulletproof for me. Had them in a Portofino 31 and then the M38. M38 did stop at 29 knots though. Loved the shocked expression on passengers face when you rolled on its side like a speedboat in the corners.

Rob

Robg71

Visit site
The travado was a 40 footer with detroit diesels and shafts, circa 87/88
The rapello was also on shaft, at 36 foot, with ford sabres. Ages from 85/86/87

The martiniques 36 was a very similar hull shape, with outdrives, it grewup in to the 38 and a few 39's were made. Integrated bathing platform in to the mould, as apposed to the bolt on style of earlier sunseekers.

Robg71

Visit site
The travado was a 40 footer with detroit diesels and shafts, circa 87/88
The rapello was also on shaft, at 36 foot, with ford sabres. Ages from 85/86/87

The martiniques 36 was a very similar hull shape, with outdrives, it grewup in to the 38 and a few 39's were made. Integrated bathing platform in to the mould, as apposed to the bolt on style of earlier sunseekers.

piewacket

Visit site
Iam also considering these boats
martinique 36/38
or
san remo 35

both on drives.

san remo usually have kad 42
martinique AD41

I am interested in the hull differences and if the twin berth is different between them? (Needs to fit two growing kids)

can anyone offer and opinion of either.

Not to many San Remo 35 in uk so I am considering importing if its right.

many thanks.........

Nito

Visit site
martinique 36/38
or
san remo 35

both on drives.

martinique AD41

I am interested in the hull differences and if the twin berth is different between them? (Needs to fit two growing kids)

many thanks.........

Hi there,

We are also in the market for a classic Sunseeker, San Remo, Portofino or Martinique, from 33-36 foot. I think the SR35 would be ideal and has a door at the back but as you say, not many in the UK, lovely one in Ibiza for sale! I suspect we're looking at the same boats lol!

This would be our first boat so we're looking cautiously, it's so easy to get taken in but I'm concerned about osmosis with these given their age, not so much the engines or outdrives, I've downloaded all the VP workshop manuals and feel fairly confident re servicing them myself.

Everyone I know who has/had boats is warning me off an 'old' Sunseeker telling me they'll be money pits. Personally, I feel quite comfortable with the tech involved as it will be simpler for me to fix because I can roll my sleeves up and get the tools out for the mechanical bits so I'm disinclined to write them off, I love the solidity, styling and finish on them, but I have no experience with the hull side of things which concerns me far more.

At the budget we're looking at circa 35k tops, they are all going to be older boats and therefore if affected by osmosis it will be diminishing returns dropping a massive chunk on a gel peel to end up with a likely unsellable boat at the end anyway. Does anyone have much experience of Sunseekers being affected by Osmosis?

I was going to start a new thread but since this one is already going may as well add fuel to it as it's all relevant!

Cheers
Nito

Mr Googler

Visit site
I bought a 1992 sunseeker 2 years ago....not a speck of osmosis.

I know of 5 year old french boat locally to me that is riddled!

you cant go wrong with 90’s squeakers...or any the big UK brands of that time really. The money goes on the mechanicals with any old boats....or newer one too ?

Visit site
martinique 36/38
or
san remo 35

both on drives.

martinique AD41

many thanks.........
Bates wharf have a Martinique 36 & 38 for sale. Both with AQAD41’S in, the M36 @£49,950 & the M38 @ £59,950.
I believe both Are still available.