MarineWarehouse shopping experience (or lack thereof)

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Also known as lifejackets.co.uk.

Heads up, but when I asked for the delivery to be made to my front door (and not anywhere else, otherwise return to depo or give me a call) I was (politely) told that they couldn't possibly expect their delivery drivers to achieve that, it would simply be asking far too much of them. (I was buying, surprise: a life jacket + extra canisters to replace one I accidentally used up XD). The delivery instructions were too onerous.

Customer service is top notch mind, they've saved me a few quid as I've obtained exactly the same items elsewhere at a 10% discount. Make of that what you will. I can't encourage anyone to buy from anywhere that sells lifejackets that can't or won't ensure the safe delivery of the items in line with the basic minimum industry standards.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
They will outsource the delivery to another company. They have no control over the driver who will be paid a pittance and working his/her butt of to make ends meet.

Stroll down to a chandler if you want personal service and gift wrapping.

Rosa

Visit site
Also known as lifejackets.co.uk.

Heads up, but when I asked for the delivery to be made to my front door (and not anywhere else, otherwise return to depo or give me a call) I was (politely) told that they couldn't possibly expect their delivery drivers to achieve that, it would simply be asking far too much of them. (I was buying, surprise: a life jacket + extra canisters to replace one I accidentally used up XD). The delivery instructions were too onerous.

Customer service is top notch mind, they've saved me a few quid as I've obtained exactly the same items elsewhere at a 10% discount. Make of that what you will. I can't encourage anyone to buy from anywhere that sells lifejackets that can't or won't ensure the safe delivery of the items in line with the basic minimum industry standards.

I bought from them last year.

I don't remember anything on the order form about delivery instructions. I didn't look carefully as I expected to be in for delivery. The parcel was delivered to the front door as expected.

Great prices and service IMO.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
They will outsource the delivery to another company. They have no control over the driver who will be paid a pittance and working his/her butt of to make ends meet.

Stroll down to a chandler if you want personal service and gift wrapping.

I completely understand that and I fully expected them to simply pass the message on (don't use back gate, it's locked, use front door) pretty much. I've done delivery work myself, they actually get paid pretty well unless you're working for shady company. I didn't ask for gift wrapping or personal service. I asked for the item to be delivered to my address. Not to another address, mine, else take it back. It's supposed to be standard company policy regardless of the delivery company. If a delivery company cannot ensure that they'll say, "Number 4431... that's the one on the parcel...let me deliver to that one" instead of, "Ah there's number 4431... but let me deliver it to 4453 just because". then they really shouldn't be in business.

@Rosa You'd think if they weren't prepared to undertake delivery instruction, that they wouldn't have that item on their form, but they do. Still I've been able to support a local supplier instead for a cheaper price.

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
Luminescent is right to make the point.
Some companies use decent delivery firms whose staff are sensible. Some delivery companies are rather poor.
One would think that a company relying on internet orders would use a decent delivery firm. They must get feedback eventually & it must reflect upon sales.

Think about it- Who says " Oh good" when they find that Hermes is the delivery company?

Last edited: