Marine ply

Charlie Boy

Visit site
I’m after some 9mm marine ply for interior boat work. Robbins are happy to send it to me but at huge delivery cost which, by the time VAT is applied to the delivery as well, nearly doubles the cost.
Has anyone come up with a better solution, bearing in mind that I live on the other side of the country so a quick nip into the warehouse isn’t possible?

Refueler

Visit site
Over here - the ply equating to Marine Standard is black gloss painted one side and non skid coating other .... to get plain Marine grade is near impossible. Only the yards get reasonable supplies - but then its expensive and only available in large amounts.
So many of us here use equivalent of WBP ply and then treat with sealant to resist any water it may contact.

PCUK

Visit site
Get a good quality hardwood exterior ply from Buildbase. Their ply is very good while RGB ply is total crap! Make sure all the edges are sealed with resin and it will last. Builders merchant by the way do not sell Marine ply although many list it. Don't be fooled, the price tells you it isn't!

DownWest

Visit site
I can get exterior ply localy that is free of voids and survives my 'stick it in the dishwasher for a several cycles' test. The inner layers are poplar? But, with epoxy coating and joints, it wil easily last us out.