Marinas in Devon

C08

Visit site
I will be looking for a marina or pontoon mooring in east/mid Devon. The main contenders appear to be Exeter marina, Torquay and Brixham. There may be others or pontoons I am unaware of as I do not know the area.
Any comments or tips are most welcome either positive, negative or new ideas to consider.

Wing Mark

Visit site
Exmouth?

I presume you only want South Coast?
River Dart is not much further than Brixham by road and has some options.

Laysula

www.stevehuntdrivinginstructor.co.uk
We keep our boat in Brixham. We also live in the town. It can get a little bouncy in an easterly wind but otherwise it's great. I love the town (Which is why we moved there) I believe that there is a waiting list for all three marinas though. Best thing is to have a day out and visit all three.

C08

Visit site
Thanks, been into Brixham and Torquay many times but only the council pontoons. I had not thought about Dartmouth, I clearly need to look at a map.

edsailing

Visit site
I will be looking for a marina or pontoon mooring in east/mid Devon. The main contenders appear to be Exeter marina, Torquay and Brixham. There may be others or pontoons I am unaware of as I do not know the area.
Any comments or tips are most welcome either positive, negative or new ideas to consider.
Exeter Marina is at Exeter Quay. This is at the head of the Exeter Ship Canal, some 6 miles from the Turf Lock to the river Exe. Transit of the canal is only possible by prior arrangement with the canal authority and air draught under the M5 is limited to 11 metres.

A good location for maintenance but completely useless if you want to use your boat.

The river Exe has moorings, but is generally exposed and there are few facilities.

At Topsham you will find Retreat Boatyard and Trout's, not much in the way of pontoons.

East Devon is not yachting heaven in this respect, most go to Torquay, Brixham, Dartmouth or Plymouth.

Further east some facilities at Lyme Regis and West Bay but you're into Dorset here.

ashtead

Visit site
We visited Brixham this summer for a few days and found the marina most attractive location . The town is quite small/short of eateries and food stores you might find elsewhere though. I wondered about car parking though it wasn’t a concern to us though and how much say 3 months in summer might be for say 12m? Being part of a chain it might be somewhere you could spend a few months at?

ryanroberts

Visit site
I found it much easier to use my MDL freedom berthing time in Brixham by neglecting to tell them I was one of their customers until I was moored up, otherwise they were strangely busy

Laysula

www.stevehuntdrivinginstructor.co.uk
We visited Brixham this summer for a few days and found the marina most attractive location . The town is quite small/short of eateries and food stores you might find elsewhere though. I wondered about car parking though it wasn’t a concern to us though and how much say 3 months in summer might be for say 12m? Being part of a chain it might be somewhere you could spend a few months at?
Big multi storey carpark behind the marina.