Marina d'ell Etna - Riposto - Sicily

semisimple

Visit site
We've just left a boat in marina d'ell Etna in Riposto - does anyone know of any liveaboards there over the next month or so? It seems like an extremely safe place (by Sicilian standards) but it'd be nice to get an occasional update from someone that the boat is still floating!

There were quite a few British boats there (including a lovely Trapper from Poole) but I didn't see any signs of life!

There was also this monster moored opposite us but I didn't think it appropriate to ask them to keep an eye out :D:

Twizzle-01-big.jpg

multihullsailor6

Visit site
I've looked at staying in Riposto over winter so I went there this summer, found the marina to be quite ok. But when I compared the temperatures there over winter as compared to say Marina di Ragusa on the south-west coast I got a big surprise - the closeness to Mount Etna obviously brings the temperatures there down to freezing occasionally! Not for me.

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
I know of several liveaboards staying there this winter I can put you in contact with if you wish. There is also a couple who will check, clean, or get some work done on your boat for you if you wish.
If you need any details then just PM me.
If you want to know anything at all about Riposto speak to George who runs the mooring buoy field in Taromina. So friendly, knows everything about the area and can arrange anything.