Man with van, UK - Preveza

jordanbasset

Visit site
Originally Posted by Chris_Robb
UK Suppliers will ship overseas, don't know how much though.

Happy Christmas
Any suggestions as to who will ship. I went on everal sites who won't send it abroad and the same with e bay. I am looking for Hempel Tiger Extra in True Blue

Hi Chris, similar to above, have tried a couple of suppliers, including Shepherds, minimum load they would do is a pallet, which is a little excessive for my boat. Do you know of any that would ship a couple of cans

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Originally Posted by Chris_Robb
UK Suppliers will ship overseas, don't know how much though.

Happy Christmas

Hi Chris, similar to above, have tried a couple of suppliers, including Shepherds, minimum load they would do is a pallet, which is a little excessive for my boat. Do you know of any that would ship a couple of cans

You might try Marine Superstore. Any of these could use TNT or one of the standard carriers. It wont be cheap, but I had a new starter motor delivered to Greece next day ( arrived in 2 days!) by DHL - stater cost £145 carriage £80 - quite heavy.

I cannot imagine that France (?) is that much more expensive as they have a very extensive marine industry.

Good luck!

nauticalnomad

Visit site
You might try Marine Superstore. Any of these could use TNT or one of the standard carriers. It wont be cheap, but I had a new starter motor delivered to Greece next day ( arrived in 2 days!) by DHL - stater cost £145 carriage £80 - quite heavy.

I cannot imagine that France (?) is that much more expensive as they have a very extensive marine industry.

Good luck!

A new water pump for my potable system in the Uk was 42 pounds and in Holland it was 120 euros?

So i prepare a list and go back to the UK and purchase things like that, its alot cheaper than EU

Chris_Robb

Visit site
A new water pump for my potable system in the Uk was 42 pounds and in Holland it was 120 euros?

So i prepare a list and go back to the UK and purchase things like that, its alot cheaper than EU

I know that Greece was expensive, I suppose that it is symptomatic of the whole Eurozone (other than Germany) that margins are out of control and the market seems to have ceased to operate. Perhaps rip off Britain is not any more - we have realized we need to keep costs unders control etc. Perhaps there is more hope for us than Euroland.

Happy new year when it comes:(

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
...Perhaps rip off Britain is not any more...

When we first started sailing (in the UK) I took solace in the fact it made me feel better about motorcycle parts: For years I'd been going into m/cycle shops, buying a little bit of moulded plastic or similar, recieved a bill for £50 and thought 'this is blooming ridiculous'. i then bought a yacht, went into Chandleries and bought a bit of moulded 'marine' pllastic or similar and the bill was £100! Perhaps bike bits aren't too bad?

Having bemoaned the prices charged by the UK Marine Industry for a while, we sailed further afield and discovered the cost of things elsewhere around Europe; whilst odd things are priced much lower - rope in Spain as an example-without doubt, the UK is substantially cheaper overall for yachtie bits than anywhere else we've been: A basic Navtex unit in the UK £250, in Spain £600. Basic Antifoul in the UK £40, in Italy £150. A 110 amp/hr liesure battery in the UK £80, in almost everywhere else £150-£200!

In the case of the Navtex unit, the guy who wanted it, put his boat in a marina for four days, flew back to the UK with his partner and had a couple of days with their families, collected the Navtex and a few other bits (all went in hand-luggage) then flew back to the boat and still came out ahead financially.