Malcome Colins artical in PBO

helixkimara

Visit site
Thanks Graham, The article was going to be over 2 issues BUT almost all of my photos of the “Jester voyage” were stills from my video camera and they were not high enough definition for the mag. So it ended up mostly about the voyage to the start line. The Jester Azores Challenge bit got “drastically” condensed by PBO and although I think they done a good job in reducing it, the bad weather part, I think, reads as if I lay a hull or hove to for 10 days. When in actual fact I spent most of that time sailing, often in the wrong direction, but sailing. The article states that we were getting smacked by breaking waves “at regular intervals” when my log states that “Helix was making a lovely slick, but some breakers were getting through” but in general they made a decent job of condensing it and I was given the chance to check it before print. It’s a shame that “most” of the funny incidents were taken out. I suppose it’s because PBO is a sailing magazine, about sailing.

SO, anyone wanting to sell an article. Make sure you take PHOTOGRAPHS not just video. (I’ve got about 4 hours of video).
Malcome

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
Why don't you post the full article here? And some video on youtube or one of the other hosting sites? I would look forward to seeing and reading it. Of course you would not get paid.

Graham

helixkimara

Visit site
I'm going to post some video on u tube, when I sort it out, as I mucked my code up and now it keeps spiting me out. When I get sorted I'll let you's know.
Don’t know if I can post the whole article and additional bits as I had to sign a legal document when PBO paid for it. I may get spanked by the editor. (not sure if that would be part of the payment or punishment)

PacketRat

Visit site
Oops

I guess since PBO paid for the article they are entitled to expect me to buy one of their magazines to read it. Doesn't sound terribly unreasonable, now you mention it.
Sorry, Robin.
PS I've discovered you can use the magazine preview feature, so I've read it. Great article Malcome. Well done. And I promise I'll take out a subscription after the JC, or not the JC depending on how things turn out!

Last edited:

Wunja

Visit site
I add my congratulations to Malcome on an excellent article.

Maybe PBO could be persuaded to allow publication of the whole thing here after the current magazine is off the news-stands. It is after all their website.

helixkimara

Visit site
u tube

HURRRAAAYYYY ! ! !

With the aid of my highly tuned “Lack of understanding” of all things that travel through wires and the air that “Can’t be seen” I have managed to download onto U TUBE the first 2 short video clips of our voyage to the start line of the JAC08.

For anyone interested, I will be adding further clips in sequence all the way up to the Azores. Including my very regrettable and unreasonable behaviour towards “Salty” of which I am very sorry.

The clips are called “Baby steps to the ocean” and so far

Baby steps to the ocean 1 and 2 are down loaded.

Malcome