madness

piscosour

Visit site
I'm about a year away from my liveaboard lifestyle. I will be mainly single-handed and even when not sailing I find myself frequently talking to myself. Is this normal? Can it be cured prior to departure, or at least provided for? Do any of you single handers have this problem or am I different and more suited to an open plan office environment?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
better than arriving at the end of a long passage, and finding that you have forgotten how to speak! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

ubuysa

Visit site
My dad always told me that talking to oneself was perfectly normal. Getting an answer wasn't /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

TonyC.

<hr width=100% size=1>There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

mainshiptom

Visit site
I do it all the time ! I actually hate to be on my own but on a passage it is quite nice as long as things go the right way, not many people about to blame ?

Tom

Can I make I a cup of tea? yes please, oops no autopilot?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: bunch of nutters

if singlehanded i see no reason why there couldn't be a whole load of crew, including salty seadog, somebody fairly normal, a bimbo, someone who mucks up everything and so on. This way there'll be a variety of conversations. If the others all band together and decide to dismiss you as skipper, though, youve definitely lost it. Mind you, they might let you stay on as first mate, which i spose would be less pressurised...

<hr width=100% size=1>

charles_reed

Visit site
As a sign of

psychosis, I'm sure talking to oneself is far less extreme than single-handing.

Besides you can have a fully representative discussion with all points of view having their say without any of this undemocratic Ego domination.

<hr width=100% size=1>

boatmike

Visit site
Talking to oneself is quite permissable. Playing with oneself while doing so will effect ones eyesight I am told. Personally I can't see it.........

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulskent

Visit site
Should be fine as long as you don't start to take your own advice... As one who has taken your advice in the past I can vouch for the results :)

PK...

<hr width=100% size=1>