Lyle Hess

sailorboytom

Visit site
Hi. I'm interested in the designs and plans of Lyle Hess and am keen to purchase a set of plans for the 30' cutter. I've done a bit of online research but always seem to draw a blank. The latest information i can find is that after Lyle Hess' death, the plans passed to his relatives in California. Does anyone know any update to this and where i could purchase plans from please?

Bajansailor

Visit site

bluevelvet

Visit site
I am a fan of Lyle Hess he designed some great boats.The links to Sam Morse will heip you,also look at a completed one lying state side for about 42k thro YBW search or if you can stand GRP their is new BCC hull and deck at 35k also thro YBW.good luck wiyh your search

trouville

N/A
Visit site
Imagin that some time ago (i forget when please dont guess) i came back from GIB where id been working for a few weeks to eat, tied up in not in Estapoina as it was almost empty but went on to Banouse cant spell it now the next which then cost about 90 pasoteos a day!!

Along a bit on the other side of the pontoon was lyne pardy (the wife) cleaning the anchor chain! In fact she did a lot of cleaning aboard while he was in town!!

Why dont we know in advance who will be well known they shold have a flashing led on their forhead (i will be well know) Then i would have asked them if they wanted to invite me aboard for a glass of wine!!In those days i had so little money i had to bike to torid maleinos (cant spell that either now) which is hours away in the hot sun when "i" was invited to a party or when "i" (that means i heard about a general invite)was invited up the mountain behind the port that was some climb! Pushed the bike up and tryed to stay on the road comeing back

In those days behind the port was just waist land with junk and old building materials so i had to watch where i went when getting back after dark

I wonder if its changed much by now?

Stellas not hear at the moment and reading my post she might not be pleased with me when she gets back as i finished the cooking wine she left me to cook with??I did use a drop but decided not to put to much in.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Ooooh dear Trou, I reckon you are really in for a major ear-bashing now from Stella!
Maybe you should zoom down the road and buy a bottle of decent vino before she gets back home, and pour her a nice big glass full when she returns.....

The Pardeys earned fame (and maybe a little bit of fortune - enough to cruise happily on a little boat, same as what you are doing) by writing - I think its time for Trouville to seek a publisher and join their ranks......