Dryingreduced.jpg
[/image]
[image]
sunsetreduced1.jpg
[/image]

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Not West Mersea
Not sure where Thurslet Creek is, so probably not, but maybe depending on where Thurslet Creek is
Not Tollesbury

Coo this is fun. I didn't realise it was such a mysterious location. I like it even better now no-one knows where it is. Although I'm pretty sure some locals will come up with the right answer soon. Unless they don't want anybody else to know about this little gem /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
If you see the caption to my photo you will see I have said I couldn't go there in my boat. It dries bigtime! The photo was taken before low water! I did take another photo at low water but the light was going and it didn't come out very well.

We were in a bilge keeler and dried sufficiently for the skipper to scrub the waterline, change the anode and clean the prop. Only saw a handful of boats that weren't high and dry at low water. There may be a bit of a basin where fin keelers would be all right (to the right and at the far end of my photo) but it would be best to ask someone at the Yacht Club because I could be wrong and/or there might not be any space or spare moorings there.

The locals are very welcoming and friendly. I would definitely go there again, but only in a bilge keeler.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
I've often spent a night at Brandy Hole in a fin keeler drawing 5 feet. It's a question of finding a buoy with sufficient depth so that you will be still floating at low tide. I have seen some disasters there though when the ebb has swung a boat around while we were all in the yacht club and left it high and dry on a bank. The key to Brandy Hole is remembering that it is a whole lot of holes in the mud and finding one. The hard bit is getting in and out if you are not familiar with a channel.
And the club is great and they are very welcoming. They do not like newcomers entering their winter series racing however, or at least they make your handicap so small you have no chance of getting a place in any of the races, particularly if you are prone to run aground as I am.

Cantata

Visit site
We called in there a few years ago at the top of the tide. All I can remember is that the club was indeed very friendly and that the beer was very tasty. Unfortunately I have no recollection of what it was.................... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif