loran c

G

Is Loran c available in the Irish sea?
Is Loop Head transmitter operational?

kdf

Visit site
I believe work on the Loran-C mast at Loop head has been stopped and that it will never be operational.

G

Loran c Is not easily available in the conwy area especially using the older sets.
However a modification can be made by following these simple steps.
1/ remove receiver and arial
2/Open lid of nearest convenient dustbin and place above mentioned in said dustbin.
3/Go to nearest chandlers and purchase a reputable G.P.S

This should solve any Loran c related reception problems.

G

WOW ! OPeople actually remember Loran !!!!! I wasa Professional navigator for 17 yrs and hated the sight of a Loran set ..... I thank God that it is now consigned to the history books, Decca albeit short range was more 'user friendly', but still not as good as the GPS of now.
I consider the advice to change to a GPS sound ..... especially that even older secondhand sets are now giving excellent results after SA has been switched off ..... I have an old original Magellan and its spot on still after all these years .... I will not be spending money on a new item for some time yet .....
Many feared that older GPS sets would not survive the millenium and particualr 'count' years, I haven't met one yet that hasn't made the transition, some with a phone-call to service agent, but thats about it !

Go-on get rid of the Loran and treat yourself !!!!