Looks like the end of my boating for this year!

Ramage

Visit site
Some of you may recall that Carli was damaged at Bray Lock at Easter.
The insurance company did not like the estimate provided by Penton Hook, and their loss adjuster decided to appoint a company "who do a lot of work for us".

For one reason or another they could not fit us in until late July.

So, it was agreed... 15th July onwards I would not use the boat, Bray Marina would lift her out and the company would fix the damage.

While I was away on holiday I got a call, confirming Carli had been lifted and work would commence.

I went to Bray Marina today. Yes, she is on the hard.

The repairs? No sign that they have even looked at her, far less done anything.

So here we are, claimed in April, nothing done by late August.

By the time they do anything it will be time to pull her out for the winter anyway!!!

And, to add to my bad mood.... the dodgy bar-stewards that had her out last year and supposedly antifouled her only painted a band around the waterline where it would show... underneath the hull there are still clean white squares where the surveyor scraped off the old antifouling when he did the survey!

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chris_d

Visit site
Its the marine industry, thats probably quite quick so far.
Those bodgers are a disgrace, I would have at least painted the white squares to cover up the evidence. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TrueBlue

Visit site
Here Here!

If you don't want to go public at least PM me "in strict confidence", "without prejudice".

It's time firms that do a bad job were named and shamed - even if it's through a grapevine.

ms1

Visit site
Re: damage at BRAY

I've had damage at Bray Lock and later had a huge ruck with the EA over culpability. Outcome of which was that despite following lock staff instructions anything that happens is down to the skipper.
No questions asked repair authorised by Haven Knox Johnson and effected promptly by Tim Barfield at Hampton. (Tims repair just under 1,000, Lyndon Lewis Shepperton Marina quoted little under 3,000).
Tim quoted, date agreed, I took boat to Hampton, job done, I brought boat back.

Brayman

Visit site
That's really bad news Paul, I saw Carli on the hard last week and assumed it must have been ready to be put back in. We really need to know who "didn't" anti-foul it and who the current contracted repairers are. We need to avoid such people.

Ramage

Visit site
OK, without Prejudice & Allegedly etc.

Antifouling (NOT) by Bridge Marine at Walton Bridge.

(They also installed a brand new Eberspacher that still does not work due to the pick up being wedged against the bottom of the diesel tank thus only picking up water and rust, despite the instructions saying cut so that is at least one inch above the bottom of the tank!).

Insurance by Craftinsure, loss adjuster Richard Winter.

Repairer (their choice) GRP Boat Repairs. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ramage

Visit site
I phoned Richard Winter (the loss adjuster) on his direct line at 6pm on Sunday evening. He was not very happy at GRP boat repairs for not getting it done.

Early on Monday morning GRP Boat Repairs phoned up with a list of excuses.

11.30 today we got a call from GRP Boat Repairs to say that the job is now done and Bray will re-launch Carli this afternoon!

Well done Richard Winter!

Ramage

Visit site
Well, I have to admit it looks like GRP boat repairs have done a good job. You cannot see where the damage was.

Thanks Julian /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif