Looking for Transport for Motor Boat

Pumasalient

Visit site
We are purchasing a small motor boat and I am looking for a quote to take it from the UK to the South of France and to bring back another boat on the return journey. To reduce costs I would prefer to use a private individual as we did 10 years ago rather than a professional company. Unfortunately the person we used before no longer undertakes these jobs. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

CLB

Visit site
I wonder how anyone taking boats across borders for someone else ensures that there is no contraband onboard. I guess the big commercial boys have the same problem, but maybe they would be believed if they said it's nothing to do with them guv.

Many years ago I thought of setting up a business of transporting good between the UK and the expat hotspots, but it was the idea that I could be used as an unknowing drugs mule that made me think again.

Seastoke

Visit site
We are purchasing a small motor boat and I am looking for a quote to take it from the UK to the South of France and to bring back another boat on the return journey. To reduce costs I would prefer to use a private individual as we did 10 years ago rather than a professional company. Unfortunately the person we used before no longer undertakes these jobs. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Firstly you need to say what type and size as you would not send an artic if it will go on a trailer

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I'd recommend Chris Wyatt, he runs up and down between the south of France and the UK all the time, he's just delivered my scooter back to the UK and will be taking another one down to France for me in a couple of months time. He moves cars, bikes, boats and household gear. He's also a very nice bloke.

chris1stmate@hotmail.com