Looking for a 13 inch square deck hatch

Toutvabien

Visit site
We have replaced all of the old deck hatches on our boat apart from one that seems to be an unusual size. The internal cut out dimensions are 330x330mm, (or 13 inches).

I think that I have googled the issue from every direction to try and track down a replacement hatch but with absolutely no success. As a last resort does anybody here know of such a sized hatch or have a suggestion to get one made?

Many thanks 😊 🙏

Neeves

Visit site
Or - if the hatch is unnecessary for ventilation, it seems a bit small for access unless its for the ship's cat, simply fill the aperture with a decent thickness of acrylic and use the appropriate sealant to secure. It is possible to make a hatch simply from acrylic and decent hinges but getting the seal right might be an issue.

Commonly boat builders buy their hatches from one source/manufacturer and then they match. I have to assume you have not actually identified who made the originals.

A picture is worth a thousand words - but maybe you don't have a mobile phone :)

Jonathan

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
We have replaced all of the old deck hatches on our boat apart from one that seems to be an unusual size. The internal cut out dimensions are 330x330mm, (or 13 inches).

I think that I have googled the issue from every direction to try and track down a replacement hatch but with absolutely no success. As a last resort does anybody here know of such a sized hatch or have a suggestion to get one made?

Many thanks 😊 🙏
Lewmar Low Profile 10 Hatch 330 x 330mm - 39910030
Any good?

PetiteFleur

Visit site
I fitted the Lewmar 10 hatch a couple of yrs ago as a ventilation hatch over the cooker. It looks similar to the one pictured but has only one locking handle and no external handle. Was extremely hard to open and close, my wife couldn't but I slackened the fixing screw, added a drop of oil and it's now fine.