London International Boatshow

mcanderson

Visit site
I went yesterday. Personally I like it. It's easy for me to get to. Has enough of what I want to see and its easy to get on any boat you want to have a peak around.

Spoke to experts on some tech issues I have which I am now much better prepared to deal with and so I would say a successful and enjoyable day out.

Dry January limited some of the enjoyment....

Last edited:

NGM

Visit site
I went yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the big names had fewer models on display overall the show appeared similar in size to the last few years.
The main difference was the chandlery was spread out across the whole floor rather than pushed to one end. Not especially busy and given I'm relatively local it's well worth a visit on a miserable January day.
Looking forward to the contrast of Dusseldorf next week.

RAP77

Visit site
Went yesterday. Very small show and a few chandlers with small stands. lots of non boaty stuff and acres of powerboats.
Best part of the day was the ride on the Emirates cable car to get to Excel (5 minutes walk from North Greenwich tube station )
Book tickets on line at £.50 one way and ride 90 meters above the Thames

oldgit

Visit site
Went yesterday. Very small show and a few chandlers with small stands. lots of non boaty stuff and acres of powerboats.
Best part of the day was the ride on the Emirates cable car to get to Excel (5 minutes walk from North Greenwich tube station )
Book tickets on line at £.50 one way and ride 90 meters above the Thames

hoping to go on Sat...
have tried to find a direct website and failed...how did you book those 50p tickets ?

err think have found it
https://www.londonboatshow.com/Visiting/Getting-to-the-Show/Emirates-Air-Line

[url]https://booking.thamesclippers.com/thames-clippers-tickets/emirates-air-line-boat-show-visitors-special.html

[/URL]

Last edited:

Time Out

Visit site
having done all of them at Excel both good and bad, I expected it to be a disaster.

If you live in the real world, and I appreciate a good number of you on this forum don't, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

For a UK indoor exhibition, there is more than enough to do, see etc and I thought given it was five days the level of investment would be down but far from it.

I went for three hours yesterday and was very impressed with what I saw.

NO boat show with the possible exception of Monaco or Palm Beach is like what it was 10 years ago but credit where credits due it was a good event.

The "Guinness" Bar AKA ExCel in-house useless caterers ran out of the black stuff by 1900 and they had an odd way of serving but hey ho.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
as others have said masses of powerboats and RIBs.

Most stands are a shadow of their former selves. hardly any electronic stands and small number of chandlers.

Dont think i saw a deck shoe. Spent ages looking for MBY and finally found it as has no Flag Banner aloft . Sad to see another title dropped Super Yacht World gone it seems

Good to catch up with people on a grim Jan day and enjoyed my Plymouth Gin courtesy of Princess. Thank You

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
We went on Wednesday & thought the same, a pleasant day out & helped me select the new electronics for new boat.

Likewise. It was interesting talking to Raymarine about the forthcoming Axiom XL and RAY90 VHF, both of which we will be specifying on new Magnum.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
as others have said masses of powerboats and RIBs.

Most stands are a shadow of their former selves. hardly any electronic stands and small number of chandlers.

Dont think i saw a deck shoe. Spent ages looking for MBY and finally found it as has no Flag Banner aloft . Sad to see another title dropped Super Yacht World gone it seems

Good to catch up with people on a grim Jan day and enjoyed my Plymouth Gin courtesy of Princess. Thank You

You missed out an aisle. There were a load of boat shoes quite close to the usual radio / chart plotter stands. Opposite side of the hall to Princess, further up towards the Guinness / inland waterways from Princess.

Henry :)

markc

Visit site
I was there this morning and I enjoyed the revised format. There were less boats, but the examples were fine to get a feeling of the brand and quality of the boats.

I went on the new Princess 55 and was very surprised at some terrible attention to detail on the cabinetry in various areas around the boat, including use of filler to hide gaps between pieces that were not cut correctly - maybe they could use some help from Bentley who were displaying a Conti on the stand!

Pearl had a 'virtual' boat on display - I can't see how that's going to work with real potential customers.

I bought a load of Strahl unbreakable glasses as recommended some months ago by JFM.

I also had a long chat with Quick about the MC2 gyro - some really interesting info that may be better on a seperate thread.

Many of the sales chaps I spoke to were worried that with just one weekend they would be overwhelmed and struggle with crowd control v engaging with customers.

Glad I visited but couldn't find enough to spend the whole day there

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Jimmy I'm planning to be there maybe 2-5pm Friday. Will text if I make it.

Jfm, sorry to have missed you this afternoon, hope you've had a good time at the show. I was in and out in a couple of hours in the end, including a very pleasant cup of tea (inevitably!) at Princess hospitality.

Looking forward to Boot in a couple of weeks time.

Phildorset

Visit site
"NO boat show with the possible exception of Monaco or Palm Beach is like what it was 10 years ago..."

can't we add the much closer to UK - Dusseldorf Show to those? If D-dorf is also a thinned down version of it's former self then it must have been vast before... I'm finding it a great Euro alternative to the LBS, but I do admit it takes a bit longer to get to than Excel.