London boat show canned!

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
To be fair, flight time from London to Dusseldorf is 1.10; public transport from, say, Uxbridge to Excel is 1.25.
Not sure if you could get an easyjet for the price of a zone 6 travel card, but with a bit of forward planning you might get lucky.

Perhaps compare like with like?

Add travel time to the airport plus check in time plus travel from airport to Boot.

Edit. I see Laika beat me to it with full details.

lpdsn

Visit site
In other words...If you live in a heathrow hotel journey time is *very best case* 133% more than excel and cost is 620% more. And you'll get less time at the show. But for any practical case the difference will be rather more than that.

...which isn't to say that Boot isn't worth going to :)

Your figures sound right, but for someone travelling from further afield than the outer reaches of London then Boot does become more attractive.

laika

Visit site
Your figures sound right, but for someone travelling from further afield than the outer reaches of London then Boot does become more attractive.

I'm sure there are many places from where it is quicker and/or cheaper to reach Düsseldorf than Excel.

The point is purely that West London isn't one of them

lw395

Visit site
I'm sure there are many places from where it is quicker and/or cheaper to reach Düsseldorf than Excel.

The point is purely that West London isn't one of them

But if you really cared about sailing, would you start from there anyway?

sunquest

Visit site
Queueing on the M25 is not my idea of fun after driving 200 miles from oop north, plus the sneaky speed traps on the off ramp to the east end, plus the soulless over priced dump where it was held.

So if you are coming from oop norf why are you using the M25? Quicker to cross to theM11 head straight down towards the Blackwall tunnel and turn left just before on the A13. Jeez