Livaboard forums

G

My job may end in the near future and I feel it may be time to sail off. Are ther any forums that debate this area of sailing? Although this is a long time dream I want to take all the practicle steps to make work.
ALLAN

RobertMartin

Visit site
Me too, all this weekend warrior stuff is great, but I live on mine and will be sailing off soon, A livaboard forum would be great, the U.S ones are terrible..

Bobby aka Seawolf..
Freedom is the song of your soul..

Ray_G

Visit site
Count me in too. I have started the process, working towards sailing off to cruise the Med in April 2003 following retirement next Feb. It is the shorebased issues e.g. what to do with the mail etc. which are giving me the most concerns and I would welcome discussion with anyone who has experience.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Forums - Kim?

Excluding the recent suggestion for a Golfers forum (can't remember which nutter put that one forward<G>) how many different forum requests have you had Kim, and what are they?

Dreamers

Visit site
Count me in, sounds like a great idea but must get the support from those actually living aboard (or recently back on dry land) as too much theory and dreams could end up like a single thread on existing forum. Needs a bit of cross-forum advertising I think to get it going. Perhaps Bill Cooper will act as Rear-Admiral Moderator!!!!

chrisc

Visit site
Yes count me in Kim i will be shortly joining the ranks of the water borne
but hope to keep the internet running. it should be cheaper using a swedish
Telia account ,or ? what system have you been using in med Bill ?
are you settling into sweden now or just hanging about waiting to go south?

billskip

Visit site
Hi chris..was to expensive for me in greece last year..greek phone+internet expensive .so use net cafe..think cc scott also finds net cafe is cheaper.even tho he has set up laptop...Im going south april..booked on ryan air to uk 7th april then easyjet to athens 9th april...be on board 10th and sailing asap after..

Bill
www.aegeansailing.co.uk

tony_brighton

Visit site
Just livaboard or extended cruising? Is there a difference?
I might be contemplating a sabattical year for an Atlantic circuit and would find it informative.

chrisc

Visit site
I will have to check prices although it seems a shame to use cafes
when i have a computer etc, with me .
I shall be leaving Gothenburg late May down greece or somewhere
august /sept.If I don't get stuck in a vineyard on the way down.

KevB

Visit site
I have no intention of 'living aboard' and I'm not even a rag-n-stick person but would love to read ongoing accounts of sailors preparation and voyages.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
need Bill Cooper on board

Yes

I'm interested in Liveaboard + BlueWater (which almost by definition involves living aboard for some extended period of time, doesn't it?).
Liveaboard + BlueWater (or even GreyWater) = Escape (from the rat race) n'est ce pas?

However, is this thread's current proposal different from the existing "Yachting World's Club Room" (BlueWater+Racing)(bit of an odd combination that?), which doesn't itself seem to generate that much traffic?

It seems it might be difficult to get the folk who are actually Doing It to contribute/debate (possibly for obvious reasons) and result might just be us dreamers exchanging speculation and opinion.

Answer.
Get Bill Cooper in, he could do the whole damn thing and we could then 'electronically' just sit at his esteemed feet, listening, learning and dreaming.

BTW
Well done Bill and Laurel, great book.
And a Truly Great title - did you think of it, or your publisher?