Lifetime Award for Customer Service....

Emjaytoo

Us: Kent; Emjaytoo: Holland; Kate: Conyer Creek
www.emjaytoo.net
... has to go to Lakeland!

Last year we bought a Cobb Barbeque from Lakeland and have been really pleased with it - see previous threads about Cobbs.

Over the weekend I got it out of the garage, unzipped the carry bag to check it over and discovered, horror of horrors, we hadn't cleaned it after it's last use at the end of last year. The result was that the non-stick cooking tray had rusted.

SWiMBO called Lakeland yesterday, explained the problem and enquired as to whether we could order a replacement. The woman was unsure and said she would get back to us today. Just had the 'phone call to say they can not get hold of a replacement cooking tray, so will we accept, at no cost to us, a replacement Cobb. When SWiMBO said were away from the weekend for a week, the woman said "no problem, we'll get it couriered to you tomorrow!

We have always thought Lakeland are a good company, now we know they are an excellent company!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Fantastic,

'Above and beyond' for sure....

I wonder how many companies genuinely realise the benefit this kind of approach brings....

I'm in the market for a Cobb..... guess where i'll be going to buy it now.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... and i bet others will think the same when they pull this thread up after searching for 'Cobb'

Rabbie

Visit site
I've been thinking of buying a Cobb this year. This post has inspired me to buy one in the last 10 minutes. Surprisingly also - postage is free, which is another bonus to the very reasonable price. Thanks for the advice.

Bav34

Visit site
Me too! Just shows what business good customer service can bring.

Had great delight today in telling a holiday company 'where to go' Basically they owe me about £100 for something that went wrong on a recent skiing holiday. They refused to refund due to ''small print''.

Got an e-mail today advertising next years ski offers.

Returned it to their MD with 'proof' that at least 20 of us are off to Whistler next year £15000 plus !!!!! and nah nah enjoy your £100 .... we're not going with you!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh I enjoyed that /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif