Liferafts S Brittany

G

I am a new boy to this having signed on today.

However my present worry is - and I have others over the next few months. My boat is now in S Brittany at Arzal and will stay for the forseeable future. I have found it quite difficult to get some work done as I have to admit I need to learn the language better BUT my present problem is where to get my Avon Liferaft Serviced locally ? Does anybody know as Avon UK does not have a recognised service station noted on their site ?

Gunfleet

Visit site
Go in the chandlery or the capitainerie and say, ou est ce que je vais trouver un centre de revision pour mon radeau de sauvetage Avon. The lady in the chandlery at Arzal doesn't speak English. One of the ones in the Capitainerie does. Several of their colleagues in la Roche Bernard do, so if the worst come to the worst you could sail a couple of miles up river and ask them. It really won't be too difficult to organise. I'm more interested in how you got to keep your boat in Arzal for the winter.... I was told there's a dearth of spaces.

Gunfleet

Visit site
I cannot deny it. Why him? Why not me? We deserve to be told. He can't even wheedle the capitainerie lady in her own lingo. Life's not fair.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi - like JohnM I was interested in how you got space at Arzal - we ended up on a swinging mooring in La Roche Bernard.

I'm going down nest week end (25th)for a week - no doubt the weathers going to be absolutely shite. - Could ask about life raft for you in La Roche Bernard if you still need info?? send me a PM (private mail)