Licata - new charges being brought in

thealoi

Visit site
Having just returned to Licata in Sicily, I was surprised to find that they now charge 10 euros per head for pickup/dropoff at the bus station. Used to be free.
Also, overnight, they changed the rules about parking cars inside the marina. Previously, I could always bring my hire car into the marina, but this changed literally overnight - I went out in my car, and they refused to let me back in as I had not paid for a "reserved" space. Methinks this action is not unrelated to the large empty, PAYG carpark which they have built, and never has more than 3 vehicles in it.

Maybe the investors are demanding a return on their capital, and this is the thin end of the wedge? Who knows? I worry about all those expensive empty shops, and all those expensive empty holiday flats.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We won't return to Licata after they took away the room they give us to use and only let us in if we paid 10 euros each to join there yacht club , it not the 10 euros it the fact that they did what they did , shame really because we was happy till that point , althought the growth on boats are staggering come the end of the winter . First time ever I seen boat tow away from there berth because they couldn't move under there own power .

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
We won't return to Licata after they took away the room they give us to use and only let us in if we paid 10 euros each to join there yacht club , it not the 10 euros it the fact that they did what they did , shame really because we was happy till that point , althought the growth on boats are staggering come the end of the winter . First time ever I seen boat tow away from there berth because they couldn't move under there own power .

Happy until that point? Let's take a trip down memory lane in MdR over a slice of cake this winter :cool: