LIBS first day

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Actually, a flash of the boat show wrist band did not get me into the car show.. I was told it entitled me to a reduced entrance cost!

Blimey - I got into both the other halls FOC.

I had a great day out actually but was not feeling on top form so did less than usual so will go another day to look at boats properly and intend an afternoon with SWMBO on 15th PM for the parties

rwoofer

Visit site
Went yesterday afternoon expecting it to be better than last year, but the reality was that it was worse for actual boats. Beneteau didn't even have they Antares 30 which must be one of their best sellers!

Really liked how the English Harbour 27 is developing - a few more mods to it would bring it into a potential boat for me.

The boat I was most impressed with from a functional perspective was the Quicksilver 855 Activ. At 6'6" I'm always feeling a bit claustrophobic, but with it's massive windows and headroom it felt like a much bigger boat! I could even stand up fully in the shower, which I can't do in most boats up to 60ft. The berths in both cabins were the proper length ie domestic sized. You can even choose either outboard, petrol inboard or diesel inboard for power.

Engineering finishing not quite up to Jeanneau standards but definitely getting closer. Styling finishing probably ahead of Jeanneau.

oldgit

Visit site
Late evening on Thursday was fairly busy, with a couple of stands very busy indeed, nothing to do with the free beer one assumes. Some of the hulls of display appeared to have an increasing tendancy towards either the garish or worrying shades of pastel. Still,whatever parts a customer from his tax efficient income.:)
Had a chat with one of the sales peeps about wether the demise of Sealine had affected them in any way and the old old question...can they tell if somebody walking onto the stand has got any money ?
All in all worth a visit.
Fairline were as usual very accommodating in the hospitality dept with the girls looking very "smart" indeed.

dan from bhg

Visit site
Went yesterday afternoon expecting it to be better than last year, but the reality was that it was worse for actual boats. Beneteau didn't even have they Antares 30 which must be one of their best sellers!

Really liked how the English Harbour 27 is developing - a few more mods to it would bring it into a potential boat for me.

The boat I was most impressed with from a functional perspective was the Quicksilver 855 Activ. At 6'6" I'm always feeling a bit claustrophobic, but with it's massive windows and headroom it felt like a much bigger boat! I could even stand up fully in the shower, which I can't do in most boats up to 60ft. The berths in both cabins were the proper length ie domestic sized. You can even choose either outboard, petrol inboard or diesel inboard for power.

Engineering finishing not quite up to Jeanneau standards but definitely getting closer. Styling finishing probably ahead of Jeanneau.

Really? That's interesting. I may be biased, but I think the Quicksilver looks extremely out of proportion and even awkward from the outside. Mainly because it's far too tall and top heavy. The Jeanneau looks so much sleeker. Brand aside, I think the Jeanneau looks better in every angle.

But the world would be boring if we all liked the same thing!

rafiki_

Visit site
Yes, can I add my thanks as well Richard. Also good to catch up with a good bunch of Forumites. A cracking evening, and also good to have a look at a few boats.