Lewmar Concept Hatch

landlockedpirate

Visit site
I have a round lewmar concept hatch size 22. The rubber seal has perished and there is now more water in the boat than outside of it.

Have spoken to lewmar who tell me that the seal kit is out out of production and they calmly suggested that a whole new hatch would be the best way to solve my problem.

I have rung a large number of lewmar stockists to see if anyone has one in stock but with no luck so far. (Although I am waiting for a few calls back)

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the concept hatch seal ?

Thanks

Mark

Nautorius

Visit site
Personnaly Speeking,

I think it would be cheaper and easier to sell the current boat on a Sunny day and buy another. No point getting your hands dirty, a boat is to be enjoyed, not slaved over. Next you will be telling us you intend to clean her and give her a polish!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

landlockedpirate

Visit site
I heard a rumour about that, if they live upto the pictures they will definately be on my replacement boat list............

Now wheres my cheque book. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Hello Landlocked Pirate.

I know that this is a very old thread but I have a leaking Lewmar Concept 22 hatch. I was looking on the http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/ site and wondered if you had success in the end and which seal you purchased

Regards

Dennis

landlockedpirate

Visit site
Hi

Yep. I replaced the seal, quick and easy.

I cant remember which one I bought, but i simply measured the existing one and bought one with the same cross section.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I have got my seal off and looked through all the seals from seals direct but cant see one to the same profile. I have sent them an email with a section of the seal and a photo. I will wait and hope. Tracking this seal down is becoming a task. If I fail I will see if I can revitalise the old seal I have

Dennis