Lets he honest

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Lets he honest, I consider myself lucky as I do not pay for a port fees or water or electric through the winter in Greece.
I am also fortunate into not paying port fees in the summer . On average I spend about €12,000 on living expenses when there .
This new tax does not bother me to much as my,to me, outgoings are so low. I rather not pay but can afford too

On the thread about Portugal , how much would you consider to be paying for a 14 meter yacht in a season .The reason I ask is the Brexit question and this winter has been extremely cold with snow on the ground and temperature only getting warmer now ,when friends in Spain were talking 17°20°

greeny

Visit site
Can you clarify your question - are you asking about marina berths or are you asking about general costs of living there but on anchor.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Can you clarify your question - are you asking about marina berths or are you asking about general costs of living there but on anchor.

I understand that as a newbie there I would pay more than someone like me who has found a way to duck and dodge.

So the question is roughly how much would it cost to keep a 14 m boat in Portugal PA.
Keeping a low profile

[3889]

Visit site
I don't think it comes as a revelation that Iberia is warmer than Greece during winter. Portuguese marinas,IME, cost between €700 and €1500 over winter for 11m depending primarily on how prepared you are to be storm-bound in a closed harbour. Anchoring all summer is feasible. Scurrying up the Guadiana offers further savings.

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
12 years ago I bought a mooring for €1,500 and have spent roughly €500 since on maintenance, no harbour dues. Others will have to advise on marina costs but a guess a bit more:)

Excellent answer ,I laid 5 moorings in Poros and basically lived for free since. I have also been lucky in Porto Rafti as the crew of the customs boat look after me and I use their mooring ,port and services for nothing....
Just fancy a change.

greeny

Visit site
Moorings not easy to come by now. Some boats stay on anchor all year, Alvor, Culatra, River Guadiana, few at Portimao now but not much room up the river near Ferragudo and inside the breakwater is not suitable in bad weather. Anchoring is free.
My boat is 10m. Marina fee all year at Portimao approx 4k. Lift out in boatyard yard 200e each lift, out and in. Yard per month 200e. Pressure wash 63e.
Marina in Albufeira is a bit cheaper I believe and the others on the coast are similar price to Portimao.
Factor in the boat size difference and it will give you some idea.