leopard update -who cares?

G

I have just received pics from Italy regarding this new boat wot I am buying. Thanks to Boatone (poster hereabouts all clever with piccies) see:

http://www.arweb.co.uk/boatsonthethames/leopard

Plush eh? Well um maybe not... Now, some of these do indeed look as though it is in a scrapyard where they are actually destroying a boat, and one or two (the ones which look as though it has an inbuilt morgue) are actually a sideways view of the shower. But boatone cleverly realised that even a boat builder would not nail the bog into wall, and rotated the pics! well done! I will cancel the complaint.

I think I had better get on a plane to sort out the ultra-high-level microwave ...

paulineb

Visit site
Sleek and sexy or what ???

It looks so yummy, same trim tabs as on the SuperAmerica - Mr B gave me a bollocking for treading on them, instead of using the boarding ladder to get back on the bathing platform.

Pauline B

G

Excuse my ignorance but does the Leopard have triples, or am I seeing things - thought I saw 3 P brackets.

Neil

G

Re: no problem!

he is welcome to the fish past sandwiches too! Am in proces of signing glub masive cheque to HMIT right now which should pay for 5 crappy garden parties, or 1 weeks rental of monster plane to fly stupid grinning person to meet stupid person in USA.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: green with envy.Moi

Any body want to buy some really manky tar covered gougy ole fenders Just in one of us mortals manages to get in lock with him sometime

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Look forward to the finished photos NM.

That must be just about the biggest cockpit on any boat I've ever seen - how big is it?
Presumably plenty of space to store your diving gear, you have been and had a go haven't you?
This post all questions - when do you expect her to be finished and have you thought of a name, all important stuff!
Bet you can't wait!!!

G

who cares? Well I care Matt

Have gone same colour as Oldgit, gentle green colour sort of matching barry's colour on saturday.

Fab Piccies.

Isn't it amazing what the eyeties can do with MDF. Such craftsmanship and amazing how they can make quite ordinary B&Q bathroom fittings look so good. Interesting choice of interior lights though, surprised you went for the hanging pendant type.

Seriously though, and here I'm being just the teeniest bit critical, don't you think the steering wheel looks a little well little? And surpised to see only one ram on the trim tabs on a boat that size and weight. Anyone got any views?

See I'm not just being a sycophant like the rest of them in the hope you'll invite them down, I'll tell it like it is. Good honest straight talking, take it or leave it. That's me

Do you need someone to go down there and do a mid build survey? I could sort of find the time if you insist. All ex's paid of course,

Look forward to the next instalment.

G

Re: Look forward to the finished photos (More)

OOh looks absolutely stunning. Especially liked the descriptive phrases. Thought this one summed it up quite well

"So, from now on, the render is sheltered behind the hydraulic back board , and will be launched through its removable footbridge".

Says it all really doesn't it?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: who cares? Well I care Matt

Yeah I was going to mention the light fitting, maybe it's there to let matt see whats in the high microwave.

There's no way that one person could carry out the mid build survey - I'll just have to go with you Colin as the official prodder and poker, Im sure our rates will be very competetive, worth every lire or Euro, praps Barry could take us down in MV II once he's got his diesel engine installed. We could then get davits made and install it on the back of Leopard just so Matts familiar with something when he takes delivery.

G

Typical, now all the grockles have gone home and you've got no-one to take p**s out of, you want to gate crash my party. If anyone's going (just to do matt a favour you understand), it'll be me and if she plays her cards right, paulineB too. 'Cos she can sort out those eyeties with her choice turn of phrase. "b*ll*x, features prominently I see.

oldgit

Visit site

Colin ref your piccy.That is a bottle he has got in his hand on is it not.?Praps my eyesite is going.

longjohnsilver

Visit site

I won't take that from someone who lives somewhere so flat that he was afraid of going out to sea cos he thought he'd fall over the edge, or maybe bought a boat for the floods.

Anyway no grockles (or emmets as sometimes called down here) this year, countryside closed by smiling Tony. And what does Mrs M think of you planning midnight flit with MrsB, and come to that don't suppose MrB will be over pleased, still you could buy her lots of expensive Italian shoes just to make up.

Maybe we can persuade Kim to sponsor trip in return for in depth expose of Italian boat building Mafia and cutlery manufacturers.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: leopard update:- I care-really!

Matt, fantastic boat. Can't wait to see the end result and your opinions of it once you've buzzed around in it for a while.

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Look forward to the finished photos NM.

Matt, having read the blurb on the L23, perhaps you should offer, for a fee, to rewrite their web pages and possibly their manuals, in English - might pay for the cutlery:)