Leopard 4.5 Vs Bali 4.6

Sea Change

Visit site
Interesting post but why the reluctance to name names. I'm assuming the first part relates to Leopard but why do I need to go trawling through YouTube channels to see who you're referring to?
I'll save you the effort, it's a Lagoon 450 from 2012.

Sea Change

Visit site
Thanks. I'd still like to know why he felt unable to say so.
I suppose it's the same reluctance that stops me from naming the boat yard and salvage company who are trying to extort a large amount of money out of myself and others following hurricane damage.
It wouldn't take very long for an interested person to figure out who I was talking about, but perhaps the action of looking it up would allow that person to form their own opinion, rather than simply accepting my version of events.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I suppose it's the same reluctance that stops me from naming the boat yard and salvage company who are trying to extort a large amount of money out of myself and others following hurricane damage.
It wouldn't take very long for an interested person to figure out who I was talking about, but perhaps the action of looking it up would allow that person to form their own opinion, rather than simply accepting my version of events.
OK so in your case you may be worried about being sued, if nobody else has named them publicly or you may be concerned they'll tell you to bugger off when you have no alternative but to work with them. But for @Trident what's the issue if it's already all our YouTube?

Trident

Visit site
Thanks. I'd still like to know why he felt unable to say so.
Simply unsure about Forum rules vis a vis their advertising revenue etc and didn't want to get the thread banned inadvertently

Yes as its already been said Leopard are the first - R&C seem to be very reticent to help shall we say and Lagoon the second - they did after much public pressure and persuasion agree to fix the bulkhead issue on their 450s but so far I've heard nothing about the deck issue - but frankly if they offered to come and fix it and plate it in gold and stud it with diamonds it makes no odds.. you don't fix boats together structurally with sealant .

Neeves

Visit site
As far as I am aware Leopards are Sunsail yachts, under a different name. R&C would be a different company without the huge Sunsail business and the focus is on the Sunsail model, the Leopards are a bit of a side line (though maybe a strategic move to remove reliance on one customer).

We looked at Leopards, went round the factory, but they offer no customisation - and when you spend that amount of money the absence of customisation is odd - unless the focus is elsewhere. Sunsail yachts are not built to cross oceans but to sail in constrained areas. Having said that some are delivered across an ocean.

We looked at them when they were introducing the forward cockpit, or cocktail lounge at the aft of the bridge deck. We bought a Lightwave 38 (effectively a custom built Australian cat) and on one passage we were on a reach across Bass Strait and had seas breaking over the cabin roof - having a cockpit forward of the saloon protected by patio doors is an accident waiting to happen - if you want to cross oceans.

Jonathan

Irish Rover

Visit site
As far as I am aware Leopards are Sunsail yachts, under a different name. R&C would be a different company without the huge Sunsail business and the focus is on the Sunsail model, the Leopards are a bit of a side line (though maybe a strategic move to remove reliance on one customer).

We looked at Leopards, went round the factory, but they offer no customisation - and when you spend that amount of money the absence of customisation is odd - unless the focus is elsewhere. Sunsail yachts are not built to cross oceans but to sail in constrained areas. Having said that some are delivered across an ocean.

We looked at them when they were introducing the forward cockpit, or cocktail lounge at the aft of the bridge deck. We bought a Lightwave 38 (effectively a custom built Australian cat) and on one passage we were on a reach across Bass Strait and had seas breaking over the cabin roof - having a cockpit forward of the saloon protected by patio doors is an accident waiting to happen - if you want to cross oceans.

Jonathan
As far as I'm aware Leopard is the only brand under which Roberson and Caine produce boats. They produce sailing catamarans and power catamarans almost exclusively for the charter market, although they do sell to private customers as well. Their biggest customers are the sister companies the Moorings and Sunsail. Their boats are designed specifically for charter so they prioritise capacity and outside social space. They probably wouldn't be high on the list of someone shopping for an ocean crossing yacht. Overview of Robertson and Caine