Leg7, Ok Fess Up!!!!!

Alistairr

Visit site
Who got up and 2 or 3 am to round the mark?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spyro???? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I didn't, I set a CC change for both boats, one rounded ok, the other turned too early!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Bu@@er!!!
Never mind, it was SWMBO's boat!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers

Al.

fireball

Visit site
nope - just put a CC in for around 1/2 to 1hour after expecting to pass the mark (also on a CC) ...

I must admit - I'm getting a little bored with it now ...

Alistairr

Visit site
Ah, see thats my problem, I try and calculate the extact time I'll pass the mark and put the CC to that time!!

Its didn't work with the last race, and I only got it right with one boat this time!!
1 out of 4!! Huh, you can tell I failed my maths exam, can't you!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers

Al.

sarabande

Visit site
got up at 0230 (more or less as farming usual /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but the wind had dropped, so I didn't round the mark till 0315ish in 50th.

Now 350th as I'm heading up NW to pick up the wind.

trevorr

Visit site
Thought about it but set DC's just incase.
I think knowing I had the DC's set made me say in a nice warm bed.

Got round mark with not a lot to spare.

Trev

RivalRedwing

Visit site
us less competitive members of the team were able to emerge from the sack at a much more civilised hour of the day and round the mark over breakfast (well, at 6 am anyway!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spyro

Visit site
OK I confess. I did and manage to get around in 5 th place. Then went to bed. Woke up still half asleep this morn meant to set a DC and forgot to put a tick in the box. Boat gybe North 6 hours too early. Decided to leave it rather than fall back to below 90% performance for 20 mins or so. Only hope it hasn't cost me too much. I'll find out tonight after I've gybed back.

BrendanS

Visit site
I set a DC with what I thought was a comfortable safety margin. Just logged in to look just now, and looking at my track, there was barely a safety margin at all, and looks like I was sitting there waiting for the right moment! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jofb

Visit site
Had to leave it programmed this morning - misjudged badly, turned too soon and and returned home to find I was 197,000+ instead of 17,000. Still having to sail a reciprocal course to regain the mark and won't get there for a while yet. Rather lost interest now, for some strange reason!

Daipal

Visit site
No, I'm still doing both - allbeit badly.
VOR going reasonably well with minimal attention. SOL missed start by 3 hours, parked on Nova Scotia for a while and then almost returned to Boston as I forgot to alter course back after getting afloat again. Oh well at least I alterred course around the mark at a nice convenient time. Things can only get better - can't they?!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Malcb

www.virgo-owners.org
Did the same thing (Bois de Mongran), on the VOR game, I went past the mark and had to sail all the way back. I've now pulled back to 55246. I was half that before 10:00.