Lefkas canal

whiteoaks7

www.seasolutions.co.uk
I've just been told that my rope cutter is b-g-d, which I'm sure correlates with the loud bang and dramatic swerve we experienced passing one of the dredgers last year - sometimes going wide to miss the cables is obviously detrimental.

So is the canal now complete and resembling the Corinth with huge cruise liners and oil tankers passing too and fro and a toll booth at each end and air traffic control? Or are we to suffer another year of dodging dredgers?

NormanB

Visit site
Sorry to hear that - bugger.
I do not think the aim is for cruise liners to transit but I figure you knew that.
My guess is that the dredging will be programmed at least for this year - and I am pleased about that.
I went through in May 2014 and May 2015 the dredging has been truly transformational, apart from the removal of the spit in the Northern approaches I found I had near 5m under the keel for most of the transit whereas prior to 2014 there were putty touching moments especially if you had to give way.
PS: I informed Navionics of the changes at the time with all the Lat/Long infor and they gave me a free years subs. :encouragement: