Leather upholstery

G

I'm considering leather when i come to have my upholstery recovered as is has got to be more serviceable than fabric and more pleasant to sit on than vinyl. Has anyone got leather and does it stand up to the heat and light in the wheelhouse?
I spose leather seats in cars get just as much light and heat and they seem to stand it but i'd appreciate any comments

johnS

ccscott49

Visit site
Get good quality leather, IE: drum dyed, this will stand the test of time, even in direct med sunshine, but its best to try and keep sun off any upholstery. Feed it and keep it clean, it will last you a lifetime.

adrianbarker

Visit site
Feed it ?

Mine has plenty of crisps etc dropped on it but they always end up on the carpets !
So praps mine is full up ?

Halfords for supplies ?

You didn't have that one the last time we saw you !

ccscott49

Visit site
Crisps! leather needs a balanced diet! Orange juice rubbed in with little peoples bums in the morning, milk and cereal in equal quantities, lunch time, a balanced diet of chips, beans and hambuger, liberally rubbed in with hands. Dinner etc. Avoid big peoples red wine though!! Crisps indeed! Have you no respect!!

Yes I believe Halfords has the gear, but I will find oput the stuff I use, which is really for cars, but is wonderful stuff and works a treeat, even puts the leather smell back in! DON'T USE ACETONE TO CLEAN IT! and yes I was shouting!!

tcm

Visit site
I have leather outside, but seeing as how the boat is in a marina with a ton of other diesel engines belching out crap, and near an airport, and also seing as how i muck about with an anchor or engine and then back to the helm, I made sure that helm seats were black leather, and other leather also darkish rather than cream colour. I did have cream sofa before in a boat and it's tough to clean, looks like an old rover p5 after only a couple of years.