Leaking front water SS tank...

Big_Col

Visit site
we're not having a lot of luck with tanks on our Trader47. First we found the fuel tanks were made of mild steel and not stainless as the survey stated - and have holes in :( then we found a leak in 1 of the 3 stainless water tank, that was probably 2 years ago now, as we have another 2 water tanks we just isolated the leaky one and did nothing more. now another water tank is leaking - and this can't easily be isolated individually. All the tanks are original and the water ones are impossible to clean properly due to the amount of baffles - and the water has had an orange/brown tinge for a while. we're not repairing the water tanks, just replacing all 3 with plastic. #yearofhtetanks

Cspirit

Visit site
Tranona’s post (no.6) is spot on. I have had several Westerlys and they have all had leaking tanks at some stage, both diesel and water. In all cases the leaks were at the seams and in all cases I replaced them with Tek Tanks. I would guess the Longbow was built around 1975 so coming up to 50 years old. Tanks of this vintage are unlikely to be successfully repaired and it seems to me that the time and energy involved in what is likely to be a bodged job is not a good investment. New tanks are expensive of course but sometimes we just have to bite the proverbial bullet.