Leads and adaptors

roger

Overwinter in Sweden, sail in Northern Baltic, liv
Visit site
I have an ever growing collection of leads and adaptors for on-board kit. Much of it is also used at home so it has to be transported back and forth. It takes up a serious amount of space, gets dreadfully tangled and is a right Royal pain.
I have two phones each with two leads, two cameras with charging systems and computer connectors, leads for toothbrush, rechargeable LED light, shaver, adaptors from UK mains to continetal, IEC plug adaptors, adaptors from cigarette lighter plugs to the smaller 12V DC plugs etc.etc.. then there are the leads for battery drill, computer and so on. Do you folk have similar problems or am I alone in my cocoon of coily cable?

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Yep.... I bought a small supply of ziploc plastic bags of a slightly heavier duty than normal from a market stall, and put them individually in these (marked as to what they are) and then all of them in a clip top tupperware style box.... makes 'em easy to transport, easy to locate, and stops them getting wet...

This isn't an uncommon problem. I standardised all my equipment so that it is either charged by USB or AA batteries which I can charge via USB, or for larger items such as Laptops, Battery Powered Drills, I purchased a Kensingon Laptop power adapter.

This power adapter works at both 12V DC and 240/110 V AC. It arrives with a collection of adapter points which so far have supported all the devices we have on board.

Billjratt

Visit site
I use car chargers (lighter sockets) in the boat, and leave all the mains chargers for use at home. Just had to think a bit about what I was buying in the first place