Lazy jacks re-fitting

jeremyshaw

Visit site
Just to add to all the other excellent advice, when tying on your blocks or rings make the knots such as bowlines secure (i.e. send the rabbit round the tree twice). As you surely know new line is slippy and lazyjacks can get shaken about quite a lot not under tension which can loosen the knots remarkably quickly. I've seen this happen on a couple of new set-ups.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
You need the cascade on all lines to allow the loads to equalise
If the outer one is fixed when the boom drops ( boom outhaul slips etc of for a poorly set reef ) it will put strain on the stitching of the cover.
With a cascade it will give a bit
You do not need blocks on the lines . Mine had plastic rings for 13 years & i only replaced for stainless ones this year when i replaced the lines
Correctly set one only needs to adjust at the start pf each season,

Rings or small blocks; it doesn't make much difference. Ours happens to have blocks but it's a modestly large boat. I completely agree that the system tries to equalise the load. Our blocks are spliced onto the lines but I've had the knots on the stackpack shake undone before now.

knuterikt

Visit site
Here is my setup
Use SS rings, most of the ropes are spliced and ring hitched to the rings/lazy bag, two knots on the bag each side so I can take it of the bag
9508078C-3092-4836-9E7B-BA0063F46918_zpsshkpf2jo.jpg

I inherited the attachment points on the mast, could have been monted lower down the mast, I don't normally need to adjust the lazy jacks.
406F37D5-A9C5-46D8-B4EF-F922CDA40A99_zpsbxxtmod0.jpg

But I can slacken of the line and roll the bag and secure it along the boom.
IMAG0055.jpg