Lazy Days

G

I'm sure the majority of sailors that read this will be shocked at the concept but I actually don't want to get up at the crack of dawn to hear the shipping forecast for the comming day! My proposed solution is a tape recorder with a timer that will record the forecast for me. Ideally I would like it to be one that receives short wave radio and that I can mount like a car stereo. Oh yes and it has to be cheep of course! I would have thought this would be the ideal stereo for any boat, strange that no-one seems to sell them. If you know different please let me know.

Thanks

Alex

G

The only radiorecorder that comes close to meeting your spec is the ROBERTS RC45,normally retailing around £39.95.Not ideal for bulkhead mounting and no shortwave - which would be a tall order at this price.I bought mine from Lewis,s and my only complaint is that it is a bit fiddly to operate.

G

Roberts also do another model £29 at local superstore. Argos do a cheaper one but unreliable I took two back before giving up If you go down that route use short tapes such as earlier steam driven computers did. You can get the shipping forecast on them and they then turn the tape off as it runs out. much less battery drain