Launching at 1pm

DepSol

Visit site
Off to the boat in a mo for launching, quick spin around Herm then on to the mooring and back to work. Back on the boat this evening to get her ready.for my two weeks away. Off to Dielette for the weekend then Alderney for a week then Lezardrieux for a week.

Weather forecast for the CI for the weekend HOT and SUNNY with LIGHT WINDS....oooooooohhhhh yeeeeesssss there is a God.

Dom

Back in the water today ;-)

Geoffs

Visit site
Just about 1:00pm as I write this, cracking a bottle of champers for you, might drink it instead :)

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'

ccscott49

Visit site
Best of luck Dom, you deserve it, long suffering devil that you are, fair winds mate and clean diesel, but yours always is!! tee hee.

DepSol

Visit site
Thanks all. It all went well except the power steering wasnt working but feels like air in he system, someone sorting it out now. Went up and down the revs all ok had 32 knots out of her on the way to SPP.

Onward now to France ;-)

Dom

My boats in he water, yipeee ;-)

David2452

Visit site
Best of luck Dom, don't forget to take it easy on the new O/D for 5 or 6 hours and change the oil after 20. I'm off for 2 weeks tomorrow, east coasting it.

David

jfm

Visit site
congrats

Excellent news, good to hear you made it back on the water, and just in time for Summer too.

What happened with Volvo/Jeanno? Did you do a deal? Are you able to salvage their reputation and make a post about how nice they are? <G>

Is the set-up identical, or have you got new baffles/new exhaust to stop a repeat hydraulicing?

DepSol

Visit site
Been advised to run it in again ie vary the revs alot also change oil filter every 10 hours for the next 30 hours.

Dom

My boats in he water, yipeee ;-)

tcm

Visit site
Depsol/VP \"Mutual understanding\" -ooer

depsol said on another thread "let's just say that we came to a mutual understanding". I wonder what this means? I also note that Depsol is part Sicilian. Anyway, I have to go now cos three very large black cars have just drawn up in the carpark...

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: Depsol/VP \"Mutual understanding\" -ooer

Ah! I see you have your sense of humour back! what happened? win at cards!

tcm

Visit site
Re: sense of humour, Ibiza

Hum. Praps cos it is sunny here (in london)?

anyway, how far is it palma to ibiza and will i find anywhere to park? or are there some nice and cheap anchoring places?

dickhicks

Visit site
Hard to find S******...

Yes, like Gold Dust - got it eventually from Humber Cruising Assoc. once I'd written to them. I'll put some in this weekend.

lanason

Visit site
Great news that your boat is "BACK IN THE WATER".

I have not read all this weeks posts yet, but I'm really pleased for you.

Adrian

......the answer is not 42 - so what is it ?? ........

lanason

Visit site
Re: ......the answer is not 42 -

Cus I got a brain the size of a planet and am paranoid !!!!

p.s. Mice have nothing to do with it !!!

Adrian

......the answer is not 42 - so what is it ?? ........

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: sense of humour, Ibiza

St.Antonio bay, you can anchor there, for nothing. Ibiza town is all marinas and they are mostly full and expensive. Theres lots of calas on the north west coast, some even big enough for you, in fact lots big enough for you and all free! amazingly! Its 60 miles from palma to top of Ibiza and then another 15 or so to ibiza town oir St.antonio, it's a really bonny island! As long as you stay away from St. Antonio town! Bloody awful shithole!

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: ......the answer is not 42 -

Which planet? Pluto, it's the smallest and coldest! (not much happens there) tee hee.