Launch day tomorrow

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
My new boat is being delivered tomorrow, it is just sad that it has come around at a time when others e.g. our troops, elswehere in the world are facing the horrors of war, it makes it seem rather selfish to be excited about a new boat.

Does anyone have any tips for a first journey ever on your own new boat.

God bless our troops,

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

gonfishing

Visit site
i agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly, still have some good friends serving, they are the best so should be O.K
On a lighter note, take the boat out ,take your time,relax and enjoy, that is what i intend when it all happens, just might go fishing as well !!!!!!!! Good Luck
regards
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

oldgit

Visit site
If you happen to turn left and come upriver towards Rochester Bridge wave as you go past
We are on Acorn wharf (Opp Gas house Pt.)Just before big black russian sub.
Boat is high and b.....dy dry on top of wharf.Cannot go back in until Monday because waiting for anodes.
Prob be varnishing something.Keep fingers crossed for weather

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Will come up and have a look around there, we have the dealers showing us the boats capabilities for the day so will use the time to look around. I will be around there on Sunday if you fancy a cruise around.

Cheers,

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
I am launching at Chatham (well Gillingham really as the crane driver doesn't work Saturdays at Chatham MDL) and the dealer is going to use the slipway. Will be berthed at MDL Chatham. The boat is a small 6.1mtr Glastron GS209 cuddy, so nothing to get too excited about, but may be the start of new lease of life for me!

lyc

Visit site
Stay safe, be happy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BroadsandEastcoastBoating/>Broads & East Coast Boating</A>

oldgit

Visit site
Re:Sunday Empty boat ?

Or packed to the *gunwells ?If you will be lonely and need someone to hold your hand on Sunday AND there is any room among the "safety gear" and assorted electronic gizmos.Let me know.

*Useful and technical sounding boaty term to be used in any serious nautical discussion to convey old salt image while in pub.For further details speak to
HLB....Byron...LJS.....and the old sailer who lives on Englander which was built locally and should never have been allowed to leave the area./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

I think maybe you mean Gunwale or Gunnel?

Anyway, good luck Happy1. Look forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pics.

Pete

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owner's Club</A>

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Propose you have a name change to Cheekygit ;-))

PS It's gunwales, pronounced gunnels

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

Gunnel and gunwale both in the Concise Oxford Dictionary, so I was right. Yes, prounced 'gunnels' as in 'packed to the gunnels'.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owner's Club</A>

Alistairr

Visit site
Who says size maters? All new boats are worth getting excited over, I am getting very excited about my first trip out in my new boat, but unlike you i don't know when that is yet, sometime in early April hopefully.
Just relax and enjoy the day you have the dealer with you to look after things for you. Not to mention all those safety devices you have been buying!!!

Hope the weather holds for you and all goes well.

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

Help needed to name new boat, PLEASE.

oldgit

Visit site
Passable first effort thru lock I suppose./forums/images/icons/laugh.gifDid not have camera with me or piccy evidence would be on forum by now.Presume that was you clinging on for dear life to the bit of string attached to the lock wall.
Ps.This forums spies are everywhere.
pps boat looked very smart

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Launch day tomorrow (again)

will ring on mobile.