Lanzarote Yacht Surveyor

scr0che

Visit site
I'm looking for a yacht surveyor in Lanzarote (there must be someone, can't find anything on the internet!) - does anyone have any advice/contacts they can send me?

They would need to be English speaking and produce a survey and valuation report acceptable to an English insurance company. I'm intending to have the boat
in Rubicon in Lanzarote in October for the survey.

capnsensible

Visit site
Hiya. Bad news unfortunately. There aren't any recognised surveyors here. You would need to fly one in. For an English speaker, there is one we have used on the Costa Del Sol. OtherwiseUK. Got some names but it's expensive.

There is a boat engineer who may be able to do something suitable for insurance in Puerto Calero. A friend used him....I will ask him for details.

By coincidence, we are off to Calero shortly. I hope to see the Boatshed rep, social not work, but will ask her too.

capnsensible

Visit site
No luck so far.....

The guy in Calero can do an engineering / technical report for sales but is not a recognised surveyor.

Boatshed rep was not in office.....have sent her a text.

Rather than ask marina offices, it's probably better to ask the Varadero......boatyard who they know. varadero@puerto calero.com for Calero. I think at Rubicon they transfer you to the yard office. I'm involved with several yachts in Rubicon but find its worth the hassle to lift at Calero.

Am leaving this on the public forum for general information but do PM if you'd rather if you got questions. (y)

scr0che

Visit site
Thanks for the assistance. I've emailed the marina directly to seek advice, will do the same for Calero.

I'm also searching for UK based surveyors who do work in the Canaries, I'll report back with my findings.

colind3782

Visit site
There are a couple of Brit surveyors in Barcelona but I don't know if they would fly out. Roland Perry and David Dabney. Both expensive compared to the UK but David Dabney is a little less expensive.