La vagabond for sale?

CFG98

Visit site
Don’t watch much, but saw that they are selling the catamaran to build their own boat? Why? Super boat given to them. Is it to scale down? Anyone have a clue?

XDC

Visit site
Don't think the boat was given to them, they just got an amazing deal in return for the publicity.

Wiki: Following the success of their channel, they negotiated a discounted price with the company Outremer for the catamaran that they have sailed since 2017.

CFG98

Visit site
Don't think the boat was given to them, they just got an amazing deal in return for the publicity.

Wiki: Following the success of their channel, they negotiated a discounted price with the company Outremer for the catamaran that they have sailed since 2017.
It is a while since I watched the series but I thought they were given the boat as long as they agreed to cruise the Med for a while and similar things. Not too harsh on Outremer because they got a lot of publicity for giving away a single boat . If they gave it away. If they sold it for a discount Outremer did even better out of the deal. Don’t blame them for wanting some land time.

EugeneR

Visit site
He wants to go faster. Personally, I do no like their new trimaran - living space seems really small and basic for the length - but it can achieve mobo-like speeds in the right wind.

CFG98

Visit site
He wants to go faster. Personally, I do no like their new trimaran - living space seems really small and basic for the length - but it can achieve mobo-like speeds in the right wind.
I thought their catamaran was ideal for them. To want to go faster, their choice I suppose. They have covered alot of miles already.

EugeneR

Visit site
Certainly their sponsorship of La Vaga has put Outremer on the list for me. There's also another channel upgrading from a new Lagoon 52S, which did well under storm conditions IMHO, to an Outremer - because of speed.

I am in the Ruby Rose camp... going to spend years living on it and want a proper bed that isn't a pain to make in the mornings.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Certainly their sponsorship of La Vaga has put Outremer on the list for me. There's also another channel upgrading from a new Lagoon 52S, which did well under storm conditions IMHO, to an Outremer - because of speed.

I am in the Ruby Rose camp... going to spend years living on it and want a proper bed that isn't a pain to make in the mornings.
I really enjoy the Ruby Rose laid back style. Have you seen the video of the construction methods of their new cat in Vietnam? Well worth watching.

Zing

Visit site
It seems pointless to me. Less space and comfort in exchange for that extra speed, which by the way you will rarely be able to use as all family sized cats and tris throttle back in high sea states, such as you have when you get the winds to enjoy the speed.

Sybarite

Visit site
As Riley said they don't really need as much accommodation as they have and the advantage of a faster boat is that they can often sail clear of bad weather. They've already crossed the Atlantic 3 times including a North Atlantic winter crossing with Greta Thunberg and so they know something about ocean cruising.

Frogmogman

Visit site
The Outremer is a fantastic boat, but I guess they are thinking that they can’t just carry on doing the same thing for ever, that to keep their viewers interested they need to change things up and take on a new set of challenges.

Zing

Visit site
Leopard 39 in Winter. Cape Town to Brisbane in 64days non stop - 65kts+ - Surfed @ 34kts.

I'll bet the seas were even more impressive when there. Images never capture the drama so well.

They were pelting along in spite of every measure taken to slow down. Bare poles and drogue and that's in a slug of a boat, so why would you need a fast one? In the Med in typical summer maybe, but the old one was really good for those conditions.

Interesting that La Vagabonde was posting in the comments.

Simon__

Visit site
Seems a bit odd to reference “clean and green” when commissioning a new yacht? Surely greener to stick with their 4 year old yacht.