KEEL PINS

Alwyn

Visit site
Has Anyone Out There Got The Know How To Change "Keel Pins" On A Double Diagonal Chine Pinnace Boat?
---Where To Buy Pins And Are They Corked to Make Water-Tight? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alwyn

Visit site
Has anybody any ideas for the easiest way to change Keel Pins (i.e.The Pins that hold the keel to the bottom of the boat) I have to replace approx 20! How can they be corked to remain watertight? What should i use? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Joe_Cole

Visit site
I think that you are not getting an answer because you have not clearly explained the problem. Are you talking about bolts?

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Still need more info for people to really be able to answer your question. I don't know your class of boat and the keel could be fitted on in different ways. If you don't know it may be worth searching the web to find out more about your boat.

However;

1. Are you sure they all need replacing? If you are not sure it would be best to remove a couple to examine them before proceeding.

2. Unless the seal has gone the best way to do it would be to replace one at a time, to keep the seal intact. (Assuming that it is practical to do so with your boat)

3. Where to buy new bolts? Depends on exactly what they are. You may be able to use bolts from a chandlers, you may need to get some made up.

Sorry, not much help.