KAD44P-B Engine Coolant Temperature EDC code 3.3

Dessie

Visit site
There has been a thread about this previously, but the fix in that instance doesn't work on my KAD44 as it was a loose charge air cooler sensor.

My EDC on one of my engines is throwing a code 3.3 indicating a fault with the signal from the coolant temperature sensor to the EDC, result is the compressor doesn't switch off when the engine gets up to idle temperature and cuts back in when your idling back to the mooring with an engine at temp.

The analogue gauge on the dash is working correctly so does this mean the issue is possibly a dry connection somewhere between EDC and helm?

Other threads have suggested there are two temperature sensors, and the electrical diagram suggests there is one for the instruments and one for the EDC, I now know one is up by the thermostat under the black box, the other down by the turbo at the back of the manifold. I will try the dry connection idea first, with contact cleaner and see if plugging and unplugging the connections is the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 09.08.51.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 09.08.51.png
    414 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

kashurst

Visit site
There are two temperature sensors. One in the thermostat housing - that feeds the analogue gauges. The other I think is in the exhaust manifold just in front of the turbo charger - that feeds the EDC.

Dessie

Visit site
There are two temperature sensors. One in the thermostat housing - that feeds the analogue gauges. The other I think is in the exhaust manifold just in front of the turbo charger - that feeds the EDC.
Thank you, that's interesting the EDC is from the exhaust manifold sensor. The engineers sent me a couple of photos today, hence I changed my original post. I checked the wires on thermostat housing sensor and all seemed fine, the exhaust manifold one if a tricky one to get too, but I noticed the crankcase breather tube is running over the top of the wires and pulling them tight. If its sensor 16 then I am looking for a Black and a Brown/Orange wire. Many thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 20.52.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 20.52.02.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6856.jpeg
    IMG_6856.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6